diy solar

diy solar

Amy Luyuan "A-" cells

ahmad_solar

So I've been watching Amy from Luyuan for some time now, as I heard lot of positive feedback about her. Now apparently they're showing new patch of EVE LF289K series from few weeks ago, but the prices for the 280 Ah cell is ~167$ /cell or so, they have another posting for the exact same battery at 107$ / cell. Amy told me those are A- so they are only Voltage & IR matched and some of them might not be up to the rated capacity, the price difference is huge and I actually trust her, but I need to know if anyone can tell me what to expect if I ordered the A- cells? Will I get less number of cycles or degraded performance?
PS: I don't mind buying few extra cells to make up for the loss, and I might win extra pack with reduced rating, not bad.

A-? I think that's a B grade. There are some performance differences between Grade A and Grade B batteries, of course, if you are on a budget, don't choose Grade B batteries. The battery business you mentioned is very honest, lol, so the Grade A or B mainly depends on how you think about it.

A-? I think that's a B grade. There are some performance differences between Grade A and Grade B batteries, of course, if you are on a budget, don't choose Grade B batteries. The battery business you mentioned is very honest, lol, so the Grade A or B mainly depends on how you think about it.
Not sure I got fully your point, but from my limited knowledge grade B are used cells those "A-" are new though
--
edit: Ok after checking the link I understand what you're saying, those are grade B cells because of defects and so

Additional context, Amy said:

- "we tested the actual capacity of some batteries, at 276-284AH"
- "When EVE tests grade A batteries, if some batteries do not meet the specifications (for example, the capacity is insufficient) or there are some tiny defects in appearance, they will pick them out."
--
so it's not always issue in capacity

Additional context, Amy said:

- "we tested the actual capacity of some batteries, at 276-284AH"
- "When EVE tests grade A batteries, if some batteries do not meet the specifications (for example, the capacity is insufficient) or there are some tiny defects in appearance, they will pick them out."
--
so it's not always issue in capacity
The capacity is stated as 280Ah if they don't meet that then you can make a claim as they aren't as advertised?

I can't see any where that it's saying they might not meet capacity.

Docan is selling these for about $4 more, they are saying they are grade A.

Did you find out any more about these? That's a pretty large discount.
Not much, but I'm delaying my buy decision for some circumstances, I was thinking of buying from the two types (A, A-) because generally Amy is trustworthy from what I saw and heard.

The capacity is stated as 280Ah if they don't meet that then you can make a claim as they aren't as advertised?

I can't see any where that it's saying they might not meet capacity.

Docan is selling these for about $4 more, they are saying they are grade A.
Right, but Amy was clear about what is the source of these cells so I can't say she didn't tell me, and for me 276 is not bad unless this is issue that will cause malfunction later in the battery (note this was in private messaging between me and Amy on Ali baba, ask her). Anyway EVE is selling these for discount for a reason so if Docan is selling the same cells that should make it clear,

Are you in the US? Did you find out what the shipping charge will for where you are at?
No I'm not in the US, so shipping to my country (Lebanon) should be handled by me via a shipping company the initial qoute from the 3r party company was ~ 450$ for 32 cells (by sea of course). For you contact Amy directly as I think they handle the shipping themselves to US an some other countries.

Back