Amy Shenzen Luyuan Lost Shipment

Martijn

Solar Enthusiast
Got a reply from vendor on Alibaba this morning. Stated that the shipment " is still within the agreed delivery timeline ". I will need to check this up. Will comment later. Also that " this order has completed customs clearance, and the buyer is expected to receive an update in about a week ". But still the vendor has not supplied me with details from customs that I can verify what is said. I know Customs do not have it under the shipments waybill number as explained above.
And yes I am Australian. I live on a farm just outside of Dubbo, NSW. Retired. Have experience with Australian customs from the many air imports done in my business. Little sea freight experience. But sea freight is a different area as you have many shipments in one container that sometimes cannot be cleared till all shipments within the container are cleared. More complex. If US customs is like Australian Customs then they are bureaucratic and highly procedural. I found that if you tick the right boxes at the right time all is ok.
FYI, I had a shipment from Amy come in and take over 3 months to arrive in The Netherlands, Europe.

SK_AUS

Good news. Picked up 1st shipment from Toll Ipec in Dubbo yesterday afternoon. Just checked contents and all looks ok at first glance. Hope to start setting up next week.
This means the shipment took 78 days to reach here from time of dispatch. It took 107 days from time of my payment. Is this a record for Australia?
I still have no idea as to why the delay. Things can go wrong in shipments. It happens. What has caused things to go wrong though needs to be communicated to the customer.
The second ship was within expectations, 32 days in transit.
Thankyou all for your feedback and advice. Next week starts the job of getting it all set up.

HateGrid

Solar Enthusiast
This means the shipment took 78 days to reach here from time of dispatch. It took 107 days from time of my payment. Is this a record for Australia?
I still have no idea as to why the delay. Things can go wrong in shipments. It happens. What has caused things to go wrong though needs to be communicated to the customer.
The second ship was within expectations, 32 days in transit.
Good to hear. I purchased cells from Amy Wan and used a local company for import into New Zealand. Amy delivered them to the port as expected, but there were multiple delays due to hazardous cargo delays. The captain / shipping manager on each ship decides how much hazardous cargo they will allow and this cause multiple delays as the shipment can get rejected multiple times and goes back into the waiting queue. Even more fun is that once it was on the ship, some of the crew tested positive for COVID, so they quarantined in place for 2 weeks before they started the journey.

I have had air shipments take up to 6 weeks as well due to export shipping delays in China (again using my local company, so I had full status reporting on the whereabouts) and a few others that were 4 days from China to New Zealand. Shipping continues to be a nightmare and is just plain erratic.

Ysabel

Some Alibaba sellers have their own local US warehouses. I usually buy products from these companies.