diy solar

diy solar

Amy Shenzen Luyuan Lost Shipment

Hey there, I am from Australia.

I am about to make the jump after watching in the background (from reddit) for the last 2 years. Is luyuan still the go to supplier for Aussies?
Seeing most posts, it looks like 280ah is still the recommended option. I thought I wanted a rack battery but there is no comparable pricing as seen by signature solar in Aus. There is a supplier that uses the same OEM in aus but the min order is for 2, which greatly increases cost.

Here's what I've been looking at from Luyuan: https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...ml?spm=a2700.shop_plgr.41413.9.9e1117eas1grRQ

Are there any concerns with the url listed above?

I want to make the purchase soon as I will otherwise leave it for another 8 months and be back at square one.

Thanks

Luyuan is still as reliable & consistent as always.
You do need to open a Chat/Messenger session to get a proper quote with S&H etc... NOTE that some destinations have additional fees. Last batch I bought just made it under the wire for a new Duty that started June 01. NB, I am in Canada so may not apply to you, I believe it affected CA, USA, UK I don't know about who else.

Tip to save cash.
If you want a BMS and other goodies, they can supply them (they are listed) but that will save you some money because A) their prices are better than several others and B) they can toss it all into one box for shipping. Each Box has a Minimum Cost + content weight etc...

Chat with Amy, and she will give you a definite final all up quote for everything delivered to your door. They know all about GST for us Aussies, and all that will be taken care of at the Chinese end. I have so far received three different batches of eight cells from Amy, and will order a fourth final batch soon.
Excellent service and communications, highly recommended.

Hi there

I am also following this with interest. I got a few things quoted on Alibaba in regard to the batteries but the listed price on Ali was nowhere near what was being quoted to me, to the point it was looking like some bait and switch tactics were being used. Depending on how I proceed I could be up for ~48 x 280AH cells in total to make 3 x 16 cell batteries.

Suggest you split your large order up, as I did. Order one small batch first, and when you have received that, order another batch.
It takes longer and costs slightly more, but if it all goes wrong, your loss will be limited.
We Aussies have no other choice than to order direct from China.

Suggest you split your large order up, as I did. Order one small batch first, and when you have received that, order another batch.
It takes longer and costs slightly more, but if it all goes wrong, your loss will be limited.
We Aussies have no other choice than to order direct from China.
If you dont mind me asking what were your landed costs on average? I would probably do 1 x 16 to get started that way i can build my system while waiting for the consecutive orders.

The most recent of the three batches was around six months back, and the exchange rate US/Aussie dollar about the same as now (0.69)
All inclusive cost to my door for eight 280Ah cells 1,820 Aussie dollars.
Inflation may have increased this slightly since then, I really do not know.
If I had to guess, I would say about double that for sixteen cells.

The most recent of the three batches was around six months back, and the exchange rate US/Aussie dollar about the same as now (0.69)
All inclusive cost to my door for eight 280Ah cells 1,820 Aussie dollars.
Inflation may have increased this slightly since then, I really do not know.
If I had to guess, I would say about double that for sixteen cells.
Thank you so much for sharing. Much appreciated.

Hey there, I am from Australia.

I am about to make the jump after watching in the background (from reddit) for the last 2 years. Is luyuan still the go to supplier for Aussies?
Seeing most posts, it looks like 280ah is still the recommended option. I thought I wanted a rack battery but there is no comparable pricing as seen by signature solar in Aus. There is a supplier that uses the same OEM in aus but the min order is for 2, which greatly increases cost.

Here's what I've been looking at from Luyuan: https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...ml?spm=a2700.shop_plgr.41413.9.9e1117eas1grRQ

Are there any concerns with the url listed above?

I want to make the purchase soon as I will otherwise leave it for another 8 months and be back at square one.

Thanks
is this the same Amy that everybody talks about on the forum or a different one? just curious thinking of bumping my storage up a bit more for the fun of it.

yeah got in contact with her just now, just too many false accounts on alibabba to start chatting without proof of prior good conduct, does not mean I am guaranteed, but its a damn sight better than no background. want to add another 1.5-2 kwh to the bank for absolutely no reason... why? I don't know the price is right?...

Quite a few of us here have bought successfully from Amy Wan, and the consensus has been very positive.
understood, but when going onto alibaba, you need to double and triple check as there are many fake accounts using similar names... + one for this forum, I was able to track her down via the members list.

Back