diy solar

diy solar

Amy Shenzen Luyuan Lost Shipment

SK_AUS

In my previous post ( https://diysolarforum.com/threads/which-is-better-test-for-new-batteries.31790/ ) I received very informative advice. Thankyou. After getting some quotes for my purchase and considering this advice I placed an order with Amy at Shenzen Luyan. Following are details of that order and its delivery.
1. Amy posted my order on Alibaba on the 13th December 2021. The order was for 16p 280AH+4p 105AH+1 JBD BMS 4S 100(with bluetooth)+1 JBD 16S 200A(with bluetooth+RS485 communication box).
2. I paid for this order on 14th December with Visa for USD 2,757.20 using Alibaba.
3. Amy told me the order would be shipped in two shipments.
4. I was sent a copy of a Toll Ipec connote that showed the first shipment of 5 boxes shipped on 12th January 2022.
5. I was sent a copy of a Toll Ipec connote that showed the second shipment of 4 boxes shipped on 18th January 2022.
6. I received the second shipment on 18th February 2022.
7. On 7th March I notified Amy through Alibaba that I had not received the first shipment and that the connote did not exist on the Toll Ipec system.
8. On 7th March Amy informed me shipment was still clearing customs.
9. On 16th March Amy wrote that she would reply to me when she got a substantive update.
10. Amy informed Alibaba that my order shipped on 12th January. But only part of my order shipped then. The second shipment did not go till 18th January. So what should the shipment date be for the order, the 12th or 18th January.
11. On 15th March I lodged a Refund request through Alibaba
12. On 20th March Amy responded that I should not get any refund as the goods were in customs. To support this Amy included a summary printout of transport details of shipment which showed it was held by customs on 27th February, 2022. On this summary there was also the Waybill number and Transfer order number(this was the Toll Ipec connote number).
13. Now I had the Waybill number I was able to contact Customs. The Customs officer did a search on their system for both the Waybill number and Transfer order number. He informed me that those numbers did not exist. He further informed me that given the value of the goods they would not be in customs this long. Clearance would normally be a matter of a few days at most.
14. On 21st March, through Alibaba, I now responded to Amy with this information and again made my request for a full refund. Given the information it seems this shipment is missing.
15. At this time Amy has some 15 hours to respond before the matter is automatically escalated to Alibaba. It is now the 25th March!

Will let you know how it progresses.

I had a similar problem with a Chinese company. "Delay in customs" then "Customs returned item. we will reship" Eventually I received a completely different item than what I ordered or needed.

Reactions: NVS
Bummer. Why we buy from US entities. Waiting for product out of china is a lesson in patience.
Especially when you can get those cells shipped from Houston for less, in a few days, via UPS.

Bummer. Why we buy from US entities. Waiting for product out of china is a lesson in patience.
Especially when you can get those cells shipped from Houston for less, in a few days, via UPS.
The guy lives in Australia. This would clearly not have helped them :(

I hope you get a good resolution. Finding good LiFePO4 in Australia is tough now - too many off spec cells being sold as new, and heaps of ex-EV bus cells that fall over after a few years.

Plenty of people thinking they are getting a good deal - and paying the price. It would be good if your deal pans out OK, as the vendor has a good rep on this forum.

Assuming the @SK_AUS is in Australia, the customs process is probably much different than here in the States. However, I will say that my last order from Amy spent 50 days in customs + US warehouse. That's assuming Amy gave me the truth of when it went into customs. I'm not certain when they left customs and for how long they sat in the warehouse before shipping, but what the logistics company told Amy was that it was waiting for customs approval for 45 days.

Got a reply from vendor on Alibaba this morning. Stated that the shipment " is still within the agreed delivery timeline ". I will need to check this up. Will comment later. Also that " this order has completed customs clearance, and the buyer is expected to receive an update in about a week ". But still the vendor has not supplied me with details from customs that I can verify what is said. I know Customs do not have it under the shipments waybill number as explained above.
And yes I am Australian. I live on a farm just outside of Dubbo, NSW. Retired. Have experience with Australian customs from the many air imports done in my business. Little sea freight experience. But sea freight is a different area as you have many shipments in one container that sometimes cannot be cleared till all shipments within the container are cleared. More complex. If US customs is like Australian Customs then they are bureaucratic and highly procedural. I found that if you tick the right boxes at the right time all is ok.

It's not much help to you but I treated customs like a black box. I had no insight into what was going on once my cells entered that environment. I had to use a lot of patience.

Amy was good to deal with and I would have no hesitation dealing with her again. But she can't wave a magic wand and get things through customs any faster.

Amy said this shipment was " still within the agreed delivery timeline ". I think Amy is referring to the time allowed for shipping of order from China after payment plus the maximum time of 60 days allowed for delivery. I am not sure but this is I think a reasonable guess. After I placed and paid for the order back in December last year Amy asked me to agree to a contractual change allowing for 45 days for shipment after payment instead of the normal 30 days. This was due to Eve not shipping the batteries. I agreed to this contractual change so that on Alibaba records it shows as having shipped on time. If you add this 45 days plus the 60 days you get 105 days. We are now up to 102 days.
As far as knowing what customs is up to this is the job of the customs agent who is in regular contact with customs. They should keep their client up to date. In this case the Australian agents for Shenzen Luyuan should keep Amy up to date with any developments from customs.
The Australian agents have not contacted me to give any explanation as to why this delay. But as also stated I do not have any verifiable documents that show the shipment is in fact in customs. All I know is that if they are then they are not under the waybill number supplied.
Will see how this evolves and let you know.

Just did a check with Toll Ipec using the connote. This time came up to say that the shipment has now been created electronically as of the 24th March at 4.44pm. There has not been any recorded physical pick up as yet from Silverwater in Sydney. But at least the connote now exists in the Toll Ipec system.

Where can I find those?

I got four Eve LF230 for $454 delivered. Working very well.
It’s a pretty steep learning curve on DIY battery building. I would never have attempted it without the help of this forum.

It’s a pretty steep learning curve on DIY battery building. I would never have attempted it without the help of this forum.

Tell me about it. My first 8, 280 ah. cells ended up looking like the fat kid in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory. They're still working but I have my doubts on how long a life they will have.
It all worked out well as I ended up ordering 16, 230 ah. cells from Jenny at Doucan and properly set them up. They are now running my home and seem to be doing their job very well.

Tell me about it. My first 8, 280 ah. cells ended up looking like the fat kid in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory. They're still working but I have my doubts on how long a life they will have.
It all worked out well as I ended up ordering 16, 230 ah. cells from Jenny at Doucan and properly set them up. They are now running my home and seem to be doing their job very well.

I currently have 32 of those EVE 230 cells and they've been perfect. Fully expect them to last longer than me.

It's not much help to you but I treated customs like a black box. I had no insight into what was going on once my cells entered that environment. I had to use a lot of patience.

Amy was good to deal with and I would have no hesitation dealing with her again. But she can't wave a magic wand and get things through customs any faster.
The other "black box" that Amy nor anyone else can't have any control over is the logistics company getting it from Shenzhen to the U.S. and eventually to UPS / FedEx. As far as I can tell, they don't feel compelled to answer Amy's questions for me, and I'm pretty sure they are not honest about what is going on. Then there's the Michael B Caro situation, where someone (the seller or the logistics company) packaged the cells so badly that almost no one got usable cells, and the finger pointing went on until everyone gave up.

To me, the extra person / company in the middle that has no real stake in the deal is the main reason not to buy cells directly from China.

I'm in Australia and have ordered 4 times off Amy with no problem. On 1 occasion the Toll website said that my item was out for delivery when i fact they had just landed in Australia. Just wait and i'm sure they will turn up.

Back