diy solar

diy solar

Amy Shenzen Luyuan Lost Shipment

Got a reply from vendor on Alibaba this morning. Stated that the shipment " is still within the agreed delivery timeline ". I will need to check this up. Will comment later. Also that " this order has completed customs clearance, and the buyer is expected to receive an update in about a week ". But still the vendor has not supplied me with details from customs that I can verify what is said. I know Customs do not have it under the shipments waybill number as explained above.
And yes I am Australian. I live on a farm just outside of Dubbo, NSW. Retired. Have experience with Australian customs from the many air imports done in my business. Little sea freight experience. But sea freight is a different area as you have many shipments in one container that sometimes cannot be cleared till all shipments within the container are cleared. More complex. If US customs is like Australian Customs then they are bureaucratic and highly procedural. I found that if you tick the right boxes at the right time all is ok.
FYI, I had a shipment from Amy come in and take over 3 months to arrive in The Netherlands, Europe.

Good news. Picked up 1st shipment from Toll Ipec in Dubbo yesterday afternoon. Just checked contents and all looks ok at first glance. Hope to start setting up next week.
This means the shipment took 78 days to reach here from time of dispatch. It took 107 days from time of my payment. Is this a record for Australia?
I still have no idea as to why the delay. Things can go wrong in shipments. It happens. What has caused things to go wrong though needs to be communicated to the customer.
The second ship was within expectations, 32 days in transit.
Thankyou all for your feedback and advice. Next week starts the job of getting it all set up.

This means the shipment took 78 days to reach here from time of dispatch. It took 107 days from time of my payment. Is this a record for Australia?
I still have no idea as to why the delay. Things can go wrong in shipments. It happens. What has caused things to go wrong though needs to be communicated to the customer.
The second ship was within expectations, 32 days in transit.
Good to hear. I purchased cells from Amy Wan and used a local company for import into New Zealand. Amy delivered them to the port as expected, but there were multiple delays due to hazardous cargo delays. The captain / shipping manager on each ship decides how much hazardous cargo they will allow and this cause multiple delays as the shipment can get rejected multiple times and goes back into the waiting queue. Even more fun is that once it was on the ship, some of the crew tested positive for COVID, so they quarantined in place for 2 weeks before they started the journey.

I have had air shipments take up to 6 weeks as well due to export shipping delays in China (again using my local company, so I had full status reporting on the whereabouts) and a few others that were 4 days from China to New Zealand. Shipping continues to be a nightmare and is just plain erratic.

No reason for anyone in the US to be buying cells form overseas, they are now priced the same or cheaper and without the wait, you can literally get every type of cell.

Sorry Luyuan but your time has come and gone as far as US buyers are concerned.

No reason for anyone in the US to be buying cells form overseas, they are now priced the same or cheaper and without the wait, you can literally get every type of cell.

Links

No reason for anyone in the US to be buying cells form overseas
Right, and this thread was for someone in Australia so that is a bit off topic.

No reason to be rude to suppliers. Shenzen Luyuan has provided great service to many people here.

Last edited:
As a dual buyer form Amy Wan when she was at Xuba and then again at her Own company Luyuan, her recent behaviour of banning customers from alibaba chat due to issues is unacceptable.

Yes I got some 280Ks grade A with test report that were marginal, turns out all the vendors 280k are the same way, however, when I inquired about this I wash shunned and now banned form the chat. Not acceptable to me.

Plus many others with 280K from Luyuan same results, marginal or failing AH tests usually around 278AH for grade A cells with reports. Miss Wan has gone with the same rehteroric, "you don't have proper testing equipment"...literally the same quote as Basen's Alex Chen would say...

her recent behaviour of banning customers from alibaba chat due to issues is unacceptable
Oh, I did not know about that. That is not good at all.

marginal or failing AH tests usually around 278AH for grade A cells with reports. Miss Wan has gone with the same rehteroric, "you don't have proper testing equipment"
To be honest, 2 Ah (about 0.7%) can easily be lost due to cable losses or uncalibrated equipment. Most current sensors are +/- 3% over temperature and even precise ones are often +/-0.5%. Without calibrated test equipment it is very hard to know what the true value is.

grade A should be 3-5% above rated spec
The datasheet just says that the capacity is typically 285 Ah, but the minimum is still 280 Ah at 25 +/- 2 degrees C.

1678078419711.png

Later in the datasheet is less clear since a 1C discharge rate can result in 97% of capacity (271.6 Ah) and may take 3 cycles to even meet that.

1678078876232.png

All-in-all, if you are getting 278Ah out of a 280Ah cell, unless you are doing this in a temperature controlled environment with certified test equipment, I would say that 278 Ah is acceptable.

Attachments

• 1678078450692.png
    1678078450692.png
    36 KB · Views: 2
It is not. Sorry. Go look at LF304 it is not behaving this way, begging to be accepted...
Nor was original 280N. Only this LF280K...

BTW other vendors have 6000 cycle + cells in this class, REPT 280 do not act this way, nor do the Hithium 280 cells Andy from offgrid garage did a comparison

Yes, each battery is different due to process differences/improvements and sometimes due to how they present the data in the datasheets. The Hithium 280's do have a 10,000 cycle life, but they rate it down to 70% capacity instead of 80%. The EVE LF280K is 6,000 cycles for 80% capacity at 25C. It gets complicated quickly as there are multiple factors (charge/discharge current, voltage ranges, temperature, and physical compression) that all affect cell life and capacity.

I can confirm the 280k are around 278AH even grade A. I have 4 from sfk and with the 150BMS I got 278AH on my test. I thought that was pretty good until I got the 304, they are way higher, 316 ah and even though rated for 304.

Reading the forums many people have 280K that are like this so it is its characteristic.

I got four Eve LF230 for $454 delivered. Working very well.
It’s a pretty steep learning curve on DIY battery building. I would never have attempted it without the help of this forum.
I must say, I DID do a TON of research before ordering my cells, but once they arrived, I had no issues, and the builds were quite easy. I built 4 individual 12v packs, charged them nearly full with my solar@50 amps, then took them apart, topped them individually, paralleled each set of 4 cells, let them balance out, then rebuilt them back into 12v packs again. I'll admit it took me about a year to assemble the 4 packs into a bank, but it's finished now, except for a few small details. I had no issues whatsoever. The cells were all very close to balanced when I received them. I was almost disappointed how easy it was:p

I am in Australia too, and agree that buying direct from China is really the only safe option for us over here.

I require 32 cells, and decided to order those as four batches of eight from Amy.
The first two batches arrived on time and as expected without any issues at all.
The third batch is on its way right now.
When that has arrived I will order the final batch.
Its a long slow process, but I felt that spreading my eggs over four separate baskets would minimize any loss if anything did go wrong.

Oh, I did not know about that. That is not good at all.

To be honest, 2 Ah (about 0.7%) can easily be lost due to cable losses or uncalibrated equipment. Most current sensors are +/- 3% over temperature and even precise ones are often +/-0.5%. Without calibrated test equipment it is very hard to know what the true value is.

You won't lose Ah from cable losses. You'll lose Wh.

Agree on all other counts.

The datasheet just says that the capacity is typically 285 Ah, but the minimum is still 280 Ah at 25 +/- 2 degrees C.

View attachment 138242

Later in the datasheet is less clear since a 1C discharge rate can result in 97% of capacity (271.6 Ah) and may take 3 cycles to even meet that.

View attachment 138244

All-in-all, if you are getting 278Ah out of a 280Ah cell, unless you are doing this in a temperature controlled environment with certified test equipment, I would say that 278 Ah is acceptable.

I'm with you on this.
I can understand why a vendor on razor thin margins might not want to deal with a customer who is upset about a <1% difference in tested capacity verses spec, particularly when that testing occurs using uncalibrated equipment, outside a laboratory environment and with no particular control of other conditions (e.g. temperature and pressure). Expecting something to perform better then the vendor's official specification is going to produce a predictable outcome, and apparently serious and ongoing disappointment for some.

In the same way that a gas station attendant wouldn't care if someone claimed they traveled 1% less distance on the last tank of fuel they bought, or that the dealer is not concerned that a car produced 2 horsepower less on a backyard dyno than advertised, I wouldn't expect anything more from EVE or their resellers.
I can't imagine having the time and energy to apply this kind of hair-splitting scrutiny to anything in my life.

Last edited:
Back