diy solar

diy solar

Amy Wan from Luyuan - no sale, just good advice

Sverige

A Brit in Sweden
Everyone wants to grumble on this forum section about vendors who don’t deliver what‘s promised, so I thought it was a good idea to mention a supplier being honest enough to give me good advice, even at the cost of making a sale. That supplier? Amy Wan.

I contacted Amy because I wanted to buy 4 more cells to make 8 in total so I can connect them 4S2P in the configuration shown in below photo. Ignore the text which says Eve 560Ah, with LiShen cells it would be 544Ah. She not only advised me that the Lishen cells which other vendors are selling are old stock because LiShen does not sell grade B cells to the reseller market any more and have not done so for years, she also advised me against buying the Eve 280k cells and using them mixed with LiShens in below arrangement as the internal construction is different (Eve being a wet cell with liquid electrolyte which can be heard moving around if the cell is shaken).

I think it’s worth recognising when a supplier prefers to point a customer to the right solution for them, even if it costs them the sale. And in doing so she sent me a lot of messages over a series of days, so top service from Luyuan ?

ps. the conclusion we reached was the best option for me would be to buy LiShen B grade old stock from one of the sellers who still have them, but at least i do so knowing what I’m getting.

57021071-C352-4130-B5BD-B4717B0655C4.png

Hi, gents a lot of info was received here on the forum, and decided to contact Amy(Luyuan) for my new battery bank.

Below is a quote that she sends me, looks ok to me.

32pcs grade B EVE 280AH cells—discount price $95/pcs, $95*32 = $3040

2pcs Seplos BMS with RS485 with CAN with bluetooth with screen--$192*2=$384

2pcs 4A active balancer---discount price $73/pcs,$73*2=$146

2set battery case kit---Original price of $235/set, discount price for you $210/set,$210*2=$420

***Freight to Croatia: $739

Shipping by sea, to the door, DDP,45- 50 days to arrive

***So, the total price:

$3040 +$384 + $146+ $420+$739 = $4729

With welded M6 studs for the cells

Testing the real capacity and matching based on the IR,voltage and capacity

With updated to flexible copper busbars

With insulation sheets

Need to say that has also some other quotes(from China) with higher or lower prices, but due to mostly positive experiences with Amy decided to choose Luyuan /Amy.

My first contact was with Alibaba, later she contacted me via email at amylovelifesz@163.com

I just ordered another batch of eight 280Ah cells from Amy.
As always, it was a pleasure to talk with Amy.
The price has actually reduced since the last batch of eight cells ordered about six months ago.
Total all up cost delivered to Melbourne Australia, $910 US dollars ( $1,392 Aussie dollars)

*edit*
Cells arrived August 31, so just over five weeks from order date.

Last edited:
After looking at this forum and all read the valuable info from you gents, the decision is done.
I do the purchase of my first LiFePo4 battery bank.
Decide to go for A EVE 304AH.

***Product list:

32pcs grade A EVE 304AH cells—discount price $124/pcs, $124*32 = $3968

2set battery case kit---Original price of $235/set, discount price for you $210/set,$210*2=$420

With double holes terminals

Fully matched

With the test data of each cell from EVE

With insulation sheets

After looking at this forum and all read the valuable info from you gents, the decision is done.
I do the purchase of my first LiFePo4 battery bank.
Decide to go for A EVE 304AH.

***Product list:

32pcs grade A EVE 304AH cells—discount price $124/pcs, $124*32 = $3968

With double holes terminals

Fully matched

With the test data of each cell from EVE

With insulation sheets
@OffGrid how's your experience post purchase from luyuan, shipping. I'm planning to buy some 304's

@OffGrid how's your experience post purchase from luyuan, shipping. I'm planning to buy some 304's
For me, everything went as expected and the timeframes that others have quoted are quite accurate. I didn’t require any post sales support. Just top balanced my cells and built the pack. I didn’t care about +/-1khw or so in capacity.

For me, everything went as expected and the timeframes that others have quoted are quite accurate. I didn’t require any post sales support. Just top balanced my cells and built the pack. I didn’t care about +/-1khw or so in capacity.
Same here.
Amy said about five weeks to Australia, and that was spot on.

curious to know if someone got a chance to successfully cycle DIY 280/ 304's more than 600 times with negligible degradation in the performance. happens to see one or the other issues with cells after 2-3 yrs timeline irrespective of the grades.

I recently made an order of LiFePO4 cells from Amy, but the overall experience wasn't so impressive. The interaction dragged out over two weeks, until the order was finally shipped. She made some mistakes, which is forgivable, but what I really didn't like was how she handled things to fix her mistakes. At one point I started asking myself "is she just incompetent, or is she trying to scam me?" I was ready to cancel the order, but she pulled through last minute. Maybe she had a bad week. Hard for me to assess if she is legit or not at this point. I'll write a full review once I get my items.

It’s internet sales, who knows what’s behind the curtain/email/chat filter, could be 1 person of 50 people.

Back