diy solar

diy solar

An interesting drawing from Victron regarding Battery Balancing on a budget using 12V Batteries in Series/Parallel and cable sizing.

I'm using this system (3 of the balancers) to balance 16 Battle Borns in a 4S4P configuration. I was having a lot of problems with one BMS opening up and tripping low voltage disconnect. Before you put them in, do a full top balance on your batteries then wire them up and put in the balancers, they're awesome. Forgive the grainy photos, was using the thermal cam. You can see the one on the left was balancing, you can also see the internal BMS in the BB on the right was much warmer than the other two, something I need to speak with them about. See attached PDF for info.

Jen

1648786056946.png1648786022554.png

Attachments

• Datasheet-Battery-Balancer-EN.pdf
    449.6 KB · Views: 10
That's an MC4 crimp tool.
Sorry, edited:

I am just thinking if should buy 6 victron balancers for 4S2P bank or could save some money with those chinese balancers. I don't want to connect midpoints, so would need 6 of them. I like the idea of having just one balancer per string, however I don't know if that's possible, cause the one I linked shows interconnects for two strings.
1673566813245.png
I'd rather have two balancers for each string but no interconnects.

Back