diy solar

diy solar

and they say Marines are strange.

Daddy Tanuki

Solar Wizard
Folks let me introduce you to the Carl Vinson...

she just recently pulled in and since it is now on the news its no longer an issue with talking about it. I got a little piece/slice of the contracts to service her while in port. I always get the weird contracts it seems. So I got the subcontract for the ships transport, IE the VIP dirvers and duty drivers contract. I had to provide vehicles and drivers for the ship while in port (just normal sized stuff, not the big tour busses or X-large trucks). so I basically had to be there at the pier for 20 hours a day for the last 4 days.

Man them Squids are a funny, silly bunch of aquatic life. Jumping off the seawall from the beer garden, passing out on the main street of the base with your pants around your ankles... and of course projectile vomit from the young'uns because they cannot handle their liquor. But the Goat locker is strong on this ship and what really made me happy (and proud) is that they took care of each other as best they could the entire time. No liberty incidents large enough to raise any eyebrows, sailors helping to drag their fellow squids back to the ship. (including one young enterprising mule who carried his buddy from the beer garden back to the ECP (entry control point) of the ship with his buddy over his shoulder like a sack of grain....(impressive as that's almost a mile walk) and several of my buddies in security watched the guy carry him the whole way.

it kind of give me hope from time to time that not all Americans are getting soft. Ahhh.. to be 18 and back in the service... just thinking about it makes my back ache and my knees swell up ha ha ha .

Well that's my commentary for the night. the ship will leave at a later date to stop by and say fuck you to several countries over here that are acting stupid. And some of my new friends in the enlisted and officer communities will help hold up that shield that we all live under.

God bless America.

I spent 16 years in the Marines...
I can vouch for the above.

When you have limited hours ashore, you drink as much as humanly possible... When it runs back out you are SURE they are full!

It's kind of impressive how much a rookie can hold when they hit shore with 2 or 3 paychecks bruning a hole in their pockets!

Sometimes equally impressive are the 'Morning Afters' and the 'Hangover Cures'... Just one bad idea after another, the hits keep coming!

If you aren't involved and in the same shape, the shenanigans are entertaining, that's for sure!

Back