diy solar

diy solar

Anker 767 with an EcoFlow 220W bifacial solar panel

Consinpelos

Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum as well as a newbie to this new solar world. To understand how things work, I want to start somewhere and learn by doing. I am not good with doing the math or with physics so forgive me please if I dont know the basics. I would like to get my hands on an Anker 767 with an EcoFlow 220W bifacial solar panel. Would anyone be so kind as to help me understand, if the solar panel...

...will work properly with the energy storage...

...regarding the tech specs. The wattage seems to match but I am confused with the Volt and Ampere figures.

Any helpful advice is appreciated.

Thank you in advance

In short, yes. The Open circut voltage for those panels is 21.8v with a vmp of 18.4 (From the link you posted under specs) the Anker 767 lists being compatible with 11-32v panels up to 10A and 32-60v panels at up to 20A. However, it looks like they might use a different connecter type (Anker has an XT60 connector) so that would require a change if the Ecoflow uses something different... not sure if someone else could help out with that one.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-17 093750.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-17 093750.png
    80 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot 2022-11-17 093722.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-17 093722.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 6
In short, yes. The Open circut voltage for those panels is 21.8v with a vmp of 18.4 (From the link you posted under specs) the Anker 767 lists being compatible with 11-32v panels up to 10A and 32-60v panels at up to 20A. However, it looks like they might use a different connecter type (Anker has an XT60 connector) so that would require a change if the Ecoflow uses something different... not sure if someone else could help out with that one.
Hello YardBeatles,
thank you very much for your reply. As far as I can tell, the solar package includes an adaptor to XT60. The last confusing thing for me is the 13A short circuit current, compared to the 10A that is mentioned with the XT60 input. Maybe this relates to something completely different but I just wanted to make sure it doesnt limit the efficiency somehow. Do you know?
Read you later...=)

The INPUT specs of the Anker 767's charge controller will support 60 volts at 20 amps so it should handle up to two panels in series that have a VOC of 21.8V and a 13A ISC. The XT60 connector itself is rated up to 60Amps so it would not affect efficiency.

The 767 looks to be pretty solid. And the first on the market to use GaN in a larger power bank.
I've watched a few videos and haven't found any tests of the inverter efficiency though, which I'm expecting would benefit from GaN.

I got the 767 two weeks ago and I am using it with the above mentioned EF 220W bifacial panel. So far and with the little experience I have I am very happy with the result. Let me know if I can share anything I have learned during my "field test".
Happy holidays to everyone

I got the 767 two weeks ago and I am using it with the above mentioned EF 220W bifacial panel. So far and with the little experience I have I am very happy with the result. Let me know if I can share anything I have learned during my "field test".
Happy holidays to everyone
Hi Consinpelos, I wondered how the charge time with your 220 panels is going with it being winter? My Anker 200 W (two panels) panels are only providing input of 35-85W each. Anker says it is because it is Winter season in New England, and the sun is much weaker this time of year.

Hello Cyclingdiva, as far as I can tell I would more or less agree with the sun having a very low elevation, hardly any clear sky and partial shading from trees in my garden. To give you some figures, yesterday I had a peak input of 143 W after 1 pm and an average of 100 W in 2 hours. After 3 pm it dropped too low to continue. Are you charging an Anker 767 as well?

Hello Cyclingdiva, as far as I can tell I would more or less agree with the sun having a very low elevation, hardly any clear sky and partial shading from trees in my garden. To give you some figures, yesterday I had a peak input of 143 W after 1 pm and an average of 100 W in 2 hours. After 3 pm it dropped too low to continue. Are you charging an Anker 767 as well?
Hi Consipelos, yes charging the Anker 767 with two Anker 531 200W solar panels that I bought with the generator. Guess I will have to test again in the spring when the sun is stronger.

…yes, I am pretty sure input will increase. What came in handy for me was that small clip from Ecoflow that helps with finding the optimal angle for the panels.

I have been charging my 767 with two URE 365 watt panels wired in parallel (40.7VOC). For whatever reason, the Anker won't draw more than 10amps so I end up charging around 320 watts. I've asked Anker what the trick is to get the unit to charge at 20amps and haven't gotten a reply yet.

The Anker 531 panels have a VOC of 57.6 at 25C. This leaves very little head room for cold weather charging and Anker has explicitily stated not to exceed the 60V solar input limit.

I have been charging my 767 with two URE 365 watt panels wired in parallel (40.7VOC). For whatever reason, the Anker won't draw more than 10amps so I end up charging around 320 watts. I've asked Anker what the trick is to get the unit to charge at 20amps and haven't gotten a reply yet.

The Anker 531 panels have a VOC of 57.6 at 25C. This leaves very little head room for cold weather charging and Anker has explicitily stated not to exceed the 60V solar input limit.
The input spec for the 767 is different than any other system I've seen as it gives two current options based on the voltage. It says for the input 11-32V=10A;32-60V=20A.
The specs of your URE 365 panel shows a VOC of 40.7V as you stated but the Max Power Voltage is 34.2V (or working voltage) which is very close to the 32V demarcation between the 10A and 20A output on the 767. I wonder if the actual panel voltage is unfortunately coming in just below the voltage the 767 circuitry is sensing to activate the higher 20A output current? How long and what gauge is the cable run between the panels and the 767? If it's long enough and the gauge is thin enough, you could be experiencing a significant voltage drop that is taking the panel voltage below the ~32Vs needed by the time it makes it to the unit causing it to only output 10A.

Last edited:
The input spec for the 767 is different than any other system I've seen as it gives two current options based on the voltage. It says for the input 11-32V=10A;32-60V=20A.
The specs of your URE 365 panel shows a VOC of 40.7V as you stated but the Max Power Voltage is 34.2V (or working voltage) which is very close to the 32V demarcation between the 10A and 20A output on the 767. I wonder if the actual panel voltage is unfortunately coming in just below the voltage the 767 circuitry is sensing to activate the higher 20A output current? How long and what gauge is the cable run between the panels and the 767? If it's long enough and the gauge is thin enough, you could be experiencing a significant voltage drop that is taking the panel voltage below the ~32Vs needed by the time it makes it to the unit causing it to only output 10A.

Yep, I came to the same conclusion so I took measurements directly from the panels, again from the end of my 100' 10AWG MC4 cables, and finally from the parallel XT60 connector that Anker supplies. The lowest working voltage I got was 33V so I hooked the Anker directly to the panels without the MC4 extension cables and got the same charging speeds and the working voltage was 34.5V My meter is old so maybe it's reading wrong?? I'm waiting for a response from Anker. I'm not sure if the charge 10amp vs 20amp mode is based on working voltage or VOC. I had always assummed it was based on VOC since the inverter has to "sense" the VOC just to turn on the MPPT (you can hear it click). I'm gonna try a pair of 53.8 V Qcell 480 watt bifacial panels and see if that does the trick. These URE panels worked awesome in series with the AC200MAX (3 in series), the Ecoflow Delta Pro (3s2p), and the Growatt 3000 ES (6 in series).

Yep, I came to the same conclusion so I took measurements directly from the panels, again from the end of my 100' 10AWG MC4 cables, and finally from the parallel XT60 connector that Anker supplies. The lowest working voltage I got was 33V so I hooked the Anker directly to the panels without the MC4 extension cables and got the same charging speeds and the working voltage was 34.5V My meter is old so maybe it's reading wrong?? I'm waiting for a response from Anker. I'm not sure if the charge 10amp vs 20amp mode is based on working voltage or VOC. I had always assummed it was based on VOC since the inverter has to "sense" the VOC just to turn on the MPPT (you can hear it click). I'm gonna try a pair of 53.8 V Qcell 480 watt bifacial panels and see if that does the trick. These URE panels worked awesome in series with the AC200MAX (3 in series), the Ecoflow Delta Pro (3s2p), and the Growatt 3000 ES (6 in series).
Thanks for this update! Anker said my low solar power is caused by it being winter in New England and that there is low sun. I will test again this Spring!

I do not have an Anker 767 but have been playing around with my ecoflow products and a variety of solar panels - I live around Detroit, so we have a lot of partly cloudy days and I have trees around my house. That is one of the reasons I have been using solar generators and movable panels.

I am coming to the conclusion that I will not get the "rated" output because of my location - and that having more panels ( usually in parallel ) allows me to get more watts in during the short bursts of good sun. If you think you are going to get 100 watts for 6 or 7 hours it is unlikely - better to get 200 for an hour or two before conditions change.

I have tried foldable panels - they are light but more expensive
I have tried a large used Trina 290 watt - it was free! The downside is it is an inefficient poly panel but it is heavy and awkward to move
I have tried a modern 200 watt bi-facial panel - not to heavy, some added output as I move it around using a stand or leaning against the house. I like this and may get another
and recently I found a deal locally on 3 HQST 100 watt panels - I plan to combine all three but have to make some stands so that I can get them set up quickly and efficiently to capture periods of nice bright sun before the eventual clouds roll in

Back