diy solar

diy solar

Annoying forum behavior.

MurphyGuy

It just needs a bigger hammer
When trying to put a space between paragraphs, the forum constantly deletes the extra space and crunches all the text together.
It just started doing this within the past couple weeks. What's going on? <<Just did it to this line. I put a space between the first line and the second and the forum removes it while I'm typing.

What operating system and browser are you seeing issue on.

It just may be different operation system/ browser is putting in different CR/LF/EOL feed combinations.

Easy to try it on with a different browser to see if it changes how it looks.

I can insert all the spaces I want.

Firefox on Linux.

Except after the last line. Now, as I like a space after the last line - the signature is too close for my taste, I use a character (usually "-") there and change its colour to white ;·)
-

I'm using Firefox.
I can insert an extra line but within a few seconds after I start typing, it deletes the extra line and moves the new line up 1 space. It just did it again.

That is weird. I'm on Firefox too, and it doesn't do that.

i don't have that problem. i just hit the enter key.

brave does not seem to have this issue either

maybe you need to update your firefox?

sometimes updates hurt.... possibly roll back to prior preupdate firefox and let mozilla know you found a bug?

I have the same issue on chrome/windows11

the issue comes up when I type something wrong on the second line and then hit backspace.

I have a slightly different issue.
If i try to put spaces between the end of one sentence before creating the next sentence it removes the spaces.

Here I am going to put five spaces after the period. To start another sentence.

It originally looked like this minus the underscores.

Here I am going to put five spaces after the period._____To start another sentence.

When i edit the text the spaces return but as soon as i save it they are gone,

I see no reason why one would want to do that,... but, let's try.
Sentence. Next sentence.
Correct, it eliminates the spaces. ----------------------- But there's an obvious workaround for it. ---------------- ;·)
-

I see no reason why one would want to do that,... but, let's try.
Sentence. Next sentence.
Correct, it eliminates the spaces. ----------------------- But there's an obvious workaround for it. ---------------- ;·)
-
what are you using, color changes?
They reason why it is a problem is because many times the "." is so close to the next word that I don't notice it and think it's one sentence instead of two. A few spaces fix the problems....Examples.like this with color changes are super time consuming to use.

I have the same issue on chrome/windows11

the issue comes up when I type something wrong on the second line and then hit backspace.
I participate on another forum (different topic) that uses this package. Tech support says that I need to contact Apple to have them fix their o.s. because backspace is on my device.
But it never happened until they “upgraded” their faux Usenet software to this package- and broke just about everything people had been using since like 2002.
Not really a client-side fix as it is the ‘on the fly’ software that is breaking the published standards’ rules. Clearly- as it it happens from winders to forbidden fruit OS, mobile to desktops. (I’m 99% on my Arrple 12-circa with updated OS)

Back