diy solar

diy solar

Another auto gen start question

Yes.

A cheap momentary timer that closes the contacts for a 1/2 second once it receives or looses power would work.

This would go between your inverter and gen.

When the inverter contacts close, the timer contacts would close for a split second then open. When they opened it would do the same.
So the momentary switch I found… has 12v + & - then nc com no. The inverter has nc com no. How would the wiring look?

So the momentary switch I found… has 12v + & - then nc com no. The inverter has nc com no. How would the wiring look?
Plus 12v to com terminal on inverter/charger.

Wire from no on i/c to plus terminal on timer.

Negative from 12v source to minus terminal on relay.

The no from relay to one wire on gen and com from the relay to the other.

Did you ever get your Auto Start setup ?

Looking to do the same thing with a Renogy inverter and Westinghouse igen4500 , but it does not seem to be set up for two wire start.

I did see some inverter type generators from AIMS power that have a built in 2 wire start, but they are the only inverter generators I can find that will support this type of starting. GEN3200W120V

Looking to do the same thing with a Renogy inverter and Westinghouse igen4500 , but it does not seem to be set up for two wire start.

I did see some inverter type generators from AIMS power that have a built in 2 wire start, but they are the only inverter generators I can find that will support this type of starting. GEN3200W120V
Just homebrew your own.

I have not yet, but I can say I am very disappointed in the Renogy 2000w inverter/charger I got. It lasted about a month and only used it maybe 4 times before it stopped charging or letting pass through shore power.

I have not yet, but I can say I am very disappointed in the Renogy 2000w inverter/charger I got. It lasted about a month and only used it maybe 4 times before it stopped charging or letting pass through shore power.
Yes. Renogy is good at pricing but poor at quality.

Aims is better but still not enterprise grade.

Back