diy solar

diy solar

Another inverter question 24v input , 240 volt split phase

kdiver58

I want to build a 24 volt input 240 split phase output system. I'm going to be using this 100% off grid and want to make it so I can just plug my RV into it when I am on my land. 3000-4000 watt output is fine. I was going to use Growatt but after seeing Will's video I gave up on that. I started looking at the MPP but their web site seems to have products that are for best for grid tie. My head is spinning from all of the choices I have been looking at that will not work. Suggestions please.

What I'm reading here is you want to install your solar system on your land, and then just dock your RV to it for shore power when you park there?

Here's my 24V inverter that I am very happy with. It's split-phase, and has a generator input. It's a heavy, low-frequency inverter that I installed for running my workshop's power tools. It has excellent surge capacity. I have yet to find anything big enough to cause a problem.
BTW, are you going to have plans for further development on the land, independent of the RV?

"BTW, are you going to have plans for further development on the land, independent of the RV?"

Not really I may build and small cabin and that's why I want to make the battery pack/solar generator portable. I'll just set it up so I can plug it into the pack also.
Thanks for the help .. K

Not really I may build and small cabin and that's why I want to make the battery pack/solar generator portable. I'll just set it up so I can plug it into the pack also.
Thanks for the help .. K
In case you'll be doing construction to build this cabin, you'll be very happy with the performance of the 4024. It powers my circular saws, table saw, cement mixer, and every other motor-driven tool I own.

One nice benefit of using two units for split phase is if one of them has issues, you can still get by with one unit.

It looks like for
What I'm reading here is you want to install your solar system on your land, and then just dock your RV to it for shore power when you park there?

Here's my 24V inverter that I am very happy with. It's split-phase, and has a generator input. It's a heavy, low-frequency inverter that I installed for running my workshop's power tools. It has excellent surge capacity. I have yet to find anything big enough to cause a problem.
BTW, are you going to have plans for further development on the land, independent of the RV?
It looks like for LiFEPo4 you need to program a custom profile for the batteries.

The smallest split phase is 6k? When I get my panels mounted I'll need 220V for the well. I'd always planned to buy 2 AIOs. I wasn't aware of the 220 option.
There is a 5k 220 output that a lot of people use as a dedicated inverter for well pumps etc, runs about $899 but it's an AiO that is 220 out.

There is a 5k 220 output that a lot of people use as a dedicated inverter for well pumps etc, runs about $899 but it's an AiO that is 220 out.
Could you please provide a link to this inverter. Most of the AiO units I am aware of are transformerless high-frequency units with no meaningful surge capacity, so I would be wary about starting a submerged well-pump.

Yes please provide a link to this inverter. At that price point it is perfect for what I need. The S2 support team got back to me so the inverter is the last piece of the puzzle. I'll order it when I order the battery. Right now the best price point for making split phase 220 is using (2) 2024LV-mk's from MPP. Your AiO $899 inverter would save me over $300. Thank you all for your help.
The AiO I referenced was not split phase, it's 220 output only.

Warning!!! This was exactly what I was talking about! (product literature)

High frequency inverter with small size and light weight

Translation: No meaningful startup surge. An inverter that has the uumph to start a well-pump will usually weighs >150lbs because of the heavy iron transformer cores. Sorry to say, but you get what you pay for!

Last edited:
Back