diy solar

diy solar

Another Recommendation for Docan / Amy Zheng - EVE LF280K

TheSpaniard47

Just wanted to encourage anyone on the fence about ordering from Docan / Amy Zheng to go ahead and take the plunge. My experience was perfect. Amy (amy@docanpower.com) was very helpful and responsive. I was a little sketched out about the prospect of initiating a PayPal payment to "energy2021@yeah.net", but after seeing that address mentioned in another thread, I went for it.

I ordered four EVE LF280K cells from the Houston warehouse (total cost: $567.00), and received them in central Ohio only 3 days later. The cells were packaged extremely well and arrived without a scratch. The codes indicate all cells are genuine and were manufactured on the same day, a little over half a year ago. And what really topped it off is that all four cells measured the exact same voltage, to the THOUSANDTH: 3.298V.

Overall I'm very impressed, and just wanted to encourage anyone that was in my position about a week ago. The price was better than anywhere else I could find, and the product literally could not be of higher quality. I hope to order many more cells for friends and clients in the future.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-21-12-18-56-28_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-21-12-18-56-28_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20230421_121354.jpg
    IMG_20230421_121354.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20230421_121443.jpg
    IMG_20230421_121443.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20230421_121654.jpg
    IMG_20230421_121654.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20230421_121755.jpg
    IMG_20230421_121755.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 60
Just wanted to encourage anyone on the fence about ordering from Docan / Amy Zheng to go ahead and take the plunge. My experience was perfect. Amy (amy@docanpower.com) was very helpful and responsive. I was a little sketched out about the prospect of initiating a PayPal payment to "energy2021@yeah.net", but after seeing that address mentioned in another thread, I went for it.

I ordered four EVE LF280K cells from the Houston warehouse (total cost: $567.00), and received them in central Ohio only 3 days later. The cells were packaged extremely well and arrived without a scratch. The codes indicate all cells are genuine and were manufactured on the same day, a little over half a year ago. And what really topped it off is that all four cells measured the exact same voltage, to the THOUSANDTH: 3.298V.

Overall I'm very impressed, and just wanted to encourage anyone that was in my position about a week ago. The price was better than anywhere else I could find, and the product literally could not be of higher quality. I hope to order many more cells for friends and clients in the future.

Did you conduct capacity testing?

Did you remove the black stick on covers and confirm there is no evidence of the original QR code being buffed off and re-lasered?

Hey slick, how about you peel off those black covering on your cells and let us know how genuine your cells really are ;)

Gentlemen, can any of you explain why I am being chastised and scoffed at for giving my honest take? If you couldn't tell, I'm rather new to this community, so if I've committed some cardinal lithium battery sin, would you at least have enough decency to shed some light on my error?

I don't have a capacity tester, as this is my first lifepo4 battery. I can't even tell if any of you are serious about the black cover, or if I'm being toyed with. When I try to peel it off, I feel like I'm going to ruin the battery, or at least how it looks. How would Docan obtain a genuine QR code for every one of their batteries, anyway?

Before posting, I had a really positive impression of this community. I didn't see any real evidence of gatekeeping or contempt towards the novices, and yet that's exactly what I get when I post.

All I wanted to do was write a post to my previous self, to help anyone who is stuck and confused, and I used the best tools and knowledge I had available to achieve that. My legitimate apologies if I made some glaring error in that process.

Gentlemen, can any of you explain why I am being chastised and scoffed at for giving my honest take? If you couldn't tell, I'm rather new to this community, so if I've committed some cardinal lithium battery sin, would you at least have enough decency to shed some light on my error?

I don't have a capacity tester, as this is my first lifepo4 battery. I can't even tell if any of you are serious about the black cover, or if I'm being toyed with. When I try to peel it off, I feel like I'm going to ruin the battery, or at least how it looks. How would Docan obtain a genuine QR code for every one of their batteries, anyway?

Before posting, I had a really positive impression of this community. I didn't see any real evidence of gatekeeping or contempt towards the novices, and yet that's exactly what I get when I post.

All I wanted to do was write a post to my previous self, to help anyone who is stuck and confused, and I used the best tools and knowledge I had available to achieve that. My legitimate apologies if I made some glaring error in that process.
Not one of the those who replied to your post, but I can say after having been on this forum for many months, I know that user sunshine eggo knows his stuff and helps out a lot this forum. I don’t know the other two users as well so won’t comment on them. I don’t detect the slightest gatekeeping or scoffing in sunshine eggo’s reply to you, I think he must have a genuine concern and reason to ask you the questions he did.

FYI I haven’t kept up with the docan / Amy Zheng topic enough to comment one way or the other.

Also, unfortunately, this forum has gotten big enough and influential enough that it attracts tons of agents who work for various lithium battery and solar products to try to come on here and pose as an end user to try to promote their own products. That’s most likely what you’re getting here since it seems there’s some controversy about docan and Amy. It is a fairly friendly community but if you post about something controversial, expect some pushback to see if you’re legit.

Last edited:
I appreciate the mostly reasonable response.

However, I don't understand how my post could be perceived as controversial... unless the convention on this site treats all new accounts as "guilty until proven innocent", which seems to be the case, and which is quite possibly THE textbook example of gatekeeping!

Allow me to further explain: I join a community, and, after surveying the scene for a while, decide that it's a friendly and non-hostile enough place to lay my own opinion out in the open. I am then instantly met with questions posed in a demanding and unforgiving tone, with not the slightest sense of welcoming, grace, or really any general interest in me as a unique individual present alongside, except for to discredit me. This unwillingness to develop a mutual understanding of the newcomer based on preconceived notions forms the very basis of contemptuous gatekeeping. This instinct serves a purpose in nature: to keep the interior group safe from malevolent outsiders. But, in the context of modernized human beings on the internet, it is highly unreasonable and morally reprehensible. Mr sunshine eggo may know his stuff, but if he's unable to interact with newcomers in any capacity other than as a demanding skeptic, then he is, by definition, useless outside of his walled garden.

It's hard to tell if this behaviour is a result of the faceless nature of interactions on the internet, or if these individuals really are that insufferable. Normal people wouldn't dare respond to a non-threatening stranger like this in person, that's for sure.

I wasn't chastising or scoffing at you. I was asking for more information.

I don't have a capacity tester, as this is my first lifepo4 battery. I can't even tell if any of you are serious about the black cover, or if I'm being toyed with. When I try to peel it off, I feel like I'm going to ruin the battery, or at least how it looks.

Strong adhesive.

How would Docan obtain a genuine QR code for every one of their batteries, anyway?

The code altered from the manufacturer is usually legible, or they can just spoof a code. The decoding of the QR code is well known. Generating a new one is easy, and laser marking is cheap.

No contempt here. Simply seeking additional information. Docan is a reliable source, but their claims of "grade a" or EV grade are not supported. If you're okay with new cells that meet 95%+ rated capacity, they're a good source.

None needed. My only suggestion is to not take shitheads on the internet personally. :)

Read this thread as it will probably answer some questions on what to look for and how to check the cells...

i dont think they are trying to scoff you, however docan has been on a less than honest path the last few months.
they are taking cell that came from eve and catl and relasering them as if they were automotive grade cells.
the "b" grade cells are perfectly fine for solar usage, but they are basically lying to their customers and to prevent customers launching complains, relasering them to make the cells be what they are not.

it is a shame they are doing so, because the cells in general arent bad, docan reps try to help their customers...

all above leads to some member that "have been had" to respond a bit "ticked off" , especially since this practise keeps continueing

Thanks for the more reasonable responses. It's nice to have an explanation of what the bloody hell is going on. Seriously though, what was stopping you from giving any context whatsoever before demanding such specific answers from me, eggo?

No contempt here. Simply seeking additional information.
I wasn't chastising or scoffing at you. I was asking for more information.

Maybe, but only technically.

i dont think they are trying to scoff you, however docan has been on a less than honest path the last few months.

It's extremely off-putting to begin a thread with a positive, encouraging demeanor and instantly be demanded answers with no explanation. You're not even the worst offender. Quattro and alkaline went straight to character assassination:

Did Amy write your post for you LOL
Hey slick, how about you peel off those black covering on your cells and let us know how genuine your cells really are ;)

Moving past that though, it is interesting that Docan may not be as honest as my research led me to believe. It's weird because I looked long and hard, and only found people praising them for their high quality and great price. There's a channel on Youtube called "Ray Builds Cool Stuff" that led me to discover Docan. Ray and everyone in the comments seemed to have no issues with deception. Quite the opposite, actually. How recent is this development? Has Docan always been deceptive? The thread Dynoman posted is quite helpful, but interestingly it's less than a month old.

So is this something I should be worried about? I and seemingly most of us are just looking for a battery with a capacity in the vicinity of 280Ah that will last for a couple decades when properly maintained. Is that what I'm getting, or have I truly been "had"? In all my communication with Amy, she never claimed I would be receiving an automotive or EV grade cell, and I was fine with that for the price I was paying. All I asked for was a new, non-defective EVE LF280K, and that seems to be what I got. Even if these are grade B cells and have a capacity of 270Ah, surely they will still last for many years, no?

One more thing:

None needed. My only suggestion is to not take shitheads on the internet personally. :)

Giving a detailed analysis of legitimate annoyances, how they were formed, and how they could have been prevented, is generally a good thing, not only to help us all to understand each other and human beings in general, but also because verbal self-defense is a very powerful thing to be proficient at. The main reason people tell others not to take things personally is because the modern age is absolutely packed with avenues to find annoyances (SOCIAL MEDIA), and to confront them all would consume your life. I stay far away from those places, and try not to take offence past the surface level anywhere else, because people have a vast range of perspectives, most of them totally legitimate in their own contexts. In the case of this thread, I was (justifiably, I think?) pretty damn frustrated, enough to commit some time to confront it.

"you're not the worst offender" ?

this was my first response, i suggest you get of your high horse

ray and me and many others were impressed and trusted docan in the past as they were doing good things, but they have changed their business pactices since, got caught, and shamed the folks that were stearing people to them and turned into just another company i shall not deal with, nor recommend

if you had done any form of proper research, you would have know there is something wrong with the whole lf280k series not pulling their rated ah's..
does that matter ?
in your solar application probably not

Last edited:

However, I don't understand how my post could be perceived as controversial... unless the convention on this site treats all new accounts as "guilty until proven innocent", which seems to be the case, and which is quite possibly THE textbook example of gatekeeping!

Allow me to further explain: I join a community, and, after surveying the scene for a while, decide that it's a friendly and non-hostile enough place to lay my own opinion out in the open. I am then instantly met with questions posed in a demanding and unforgiving tone, with not the slightest sense of welcoming, grace, or really any general interest in me as a unique individual present alongside, except for to discredit me. This unwillingness to develop a mutual understanding of the newcomer based on preconceived notions forms the very basis of contemptuous gatekeeping. This instinct serves a purpose in nature: to keep the interior group safe from malevolent outsiders. But, in the context of modernized human beings on the internet, it is highly unreasonable and morally reprehensible. Mr sunshine eggo may know his stuff, but if he's unable to interact with newcomers in any capacity other than as a demanding skeptic, then he is, by definition, useless outside of his walled garden.

It's hard to tell if this behaviour is a result of the faceless nature of interactions on the internet, or if these individuals really are that insufferable. Normal people wouldn't dare respond to a non-threatening stranger like this in person, that's for sure.

I think you’re reading way too much into this and making grandiose assumptions. If someone rubs you the wrong way, maybe just ignore them?

Take what’s useful and leave the rest is a motto I’ve found beneficial in many situations.

Giving a detailed analysis of legitimate annoyances, how they were formed, and how they could have been prevented, is generally a good thing, not only to help us all to understand each other and human beings in general, but also because verbal self-defense is a very powerful thing to be proficient at. The main reason people tell others not to take things personally is because the modern age is absolutely packed with avenues to find annoyances (SOCIAL MEDIA), and to confront them all would consume your life. I stay far away from those places, and try not to take offence past the surface level anywhere else, because people have a vast range of perspectives, most of them totally legitimate in their own contexts. In the case of this thread, I was (justifiably, I think?) pretty damn frustrated, enough to commit some time to confront it.

You seem to be aware that managing expectations is very important, but all corners of the Internet are full of opinions. This place is no different.

You felt extremely happy about how things appear to have turned out. You got one neutral and two negative responses. You were not receptive to anything that potentially threatened your positive outlook.

There are those who are very frustrated with their own experiences or by their exposure to this site and the many well documented shortcomings of "trusted" sources that consistently fail to meet promises. MANY feel misled. Those are again about expectations. One should expect Chinese sources to lie to some degree. One should expect that cells being offered below EV market prices will not meet EV specifications. EVE makes cells that go into Chinese EVs. The ones you can purchase that aren't directly from EVE or from EVE authorized distributors aren't EV grade cells.

Your initial experience is very very typical. These are almost certainly new cells, but contrary to Docan claims they do not meet datasheet specifications. The preponderance of the evidence suggests that your cells will meet all datasheet requirements except capacity and will likely test between 265 and 280Ah.

If you're happy with that, you're good. You've managed expectations. :)

like literally there are 2 threads showing exactly the issue with sanded off qr codes:

So now show us what is underneath the label or be prepared to branded an agent of Docan. Hey that is just how it is here, but stick around and you'll learn a lot but don't expect ☀️ and ? just yet.

I am sorry I was "interwebs rude bully" but your post just kind of read like AI or chinglish gushing loveless to me.
But I have become increasingly pessimistic and bovine feces intolerant in my senior years.
Docan seem to have followed an apparently chinese sales method of " make good sales and then be slightly less than 100% honest"

How would Docan obtain a genuine QR code for every one of their batteries, anyway?
The answer to this question is that the QR code simply contains the serial number of the cell. It is not a URL or any other information. When you decode the QR you should get exactly the text that is also printed near the QR.

Note that some brands use a different code rather than QR, but they still only encode the serial number.

You are not only one, they do this to everyone that is new, its like joining a fraternity.

B000IKQK7E_AnimalHouse_UXNB1._SL940__BINARY_543357.jpg

This place is way to warm for snowflakes, if your interested in learning and tech support you can’t beat it there’s no better place to get info and help

the problem was your original post sounds like a pitch for docan your telling us about your 4 cells that looked good no info on capacity, internal resistance, or anything technical just that they look good and your telling this to people who have bought dozens of cells that test and post results on their purchases and have vast amounts of knowledge on the subject so their bs meter went to high alert

so my suggestion is balance your cells build you pack test capacity and post your results before you tell everyone how good the cells are, you’ll probably get less heat

Back