diy solar

diy solar

Another recommendation needed

TexasSun:
You will find many threads on this forum by the Colorist under headings for Deye/SolArk, Huaya, Megarevo, Samsung SDI cells, Seplos, etc.

You are going down the same road I traveled, and spent thousands of hours doing so to educate myself. Still need to read a lot more. There are dozens of brands of inverters you will find, such as the Huawei you mention. In general, they don't meet certification here to be legally installed if you live somewhere that requires listed devices. Or, they simply don't sell here. Or, they only sell for commercial and 3-phase, and not in residential applications. Or, like you mention, they require specific protocols to communicate with batteries. Or, they tell you what batteries you can use. Or, like the new stuff coming out from Outback, where they will only sell them as an ESS bundle. Or, they make false statements, or misleading statements. Or, the person selling them here says they "conform" to UL, and hope you don't actually check it out before you buy.

It comes down to whether or not you are going to get it inspected, and if so, what that requires. If you are not going to get it inspected, there are a lot more options.

It occurred to me as I was getting ready to hit the send button that I usually forget all about Solar Edge. They are a big player in the market here, but I dismiss them because of their business model, which for me also goes for Tesla. This is a DIY forum after all, and I don't like people telling me what I can and cannot buy. If you want to hire someone to do the work, Solar Edge could work great.

Your best choices are likely to be SolArk, Schneider, SMA, etc. I hope the "Colorist" is successful in his efforts to bring a new crop of APPROVED/LISTED inverters here, because I would like more options.

Have you made a decision?

in Central Texas as well and looking to determine what will work for me.

the huawei is interesting but I plan to grid tie and net meter, so ul is required.

600V battery is also a non-Starter

leaning towards sma and tiga optimizer/cutoffs, can’t figure out if you can parallel the smas

Back