diy solar

diy solar

Another successful Valence battery connection via 12.12 and a Surface Pro 6

Just wanted to confirm that I've successfully connected to my valence 12xp batteries via 12.12 and a microsoft surface 6 pro. Any the discharge counts are insanely low, SCORE! Thank you to brassmonkey for the guidance.
You can change the module numbers so you don't have to remember which ones you have. I changed mine to 1 through 6.

Correct. Hadn't got to that point as it was late in the evening and getting cold. Thank you for the reminder!

You don't need the valence BMS box. Each battery has a BMS
I have not purchased one of these, yet, but my understanding was that the wiring was built in for their own external BMS, or is that another one of their lines? ie: Do the XP's differ from that? Also - What is the 12.12 reference. Sorry for the newbie questions. Doing some reading while waiting for a response. Be well.

How are people hooking these Valence XP batteries to a monitoring device (lapop, tablet)? Are you somehow ordering the CanBUS monitoring kit or building your own cables? I am trying to track the specs for the cable pinout - but no success with that or the CB kit either.

The external BMS does things like control relays. You don't need it. The internal takes care of cell balancing among other things. Do a search on this forum for Valence, most of your questions have been answered. 12.12 is latest software. Interface con be built for a few bucks.

How are people dealing with low temperature charge protection/cutoff. I understand the BattleBorns have protection for that built into their BMS.

How are people dealing with low temperature charge protection/cutoff. I understand the BattleBorns have protection for that built into their BMS.
I might use something like this:

I have two, both controlled by digital thermostats. One controlles heaters on about 38 off about 50. The other totally disconnects the batteries at 34 degrees.
Can I bother you for links/part numbers if you have them? I'm trying to wrap my head around a digital thermostat that can handle the current used here...30 amps????

For temperature control I use these things digital temp control. Since the relay that is in them is pretty small I use them to control a second relay. For the heat pads I used a standard SPDT 30/40A automotive type relay. The battery disconnect is a pretty standard DPDT 12V coil relay paired with a 300A latching relay
48910959376_da0a1d429b_o.jpg

Check out what I used here.
I had no idea what to get to connect the battery to the pc. I just ordered the cable. The USB adapter was out of stock but I ordered another one like it.
Thanks so much for the info !

Back