diy solar

diy solar

Another wire size question: 4 inverters in parallel

So i googled it real quick and it turns out that galvanic corrosion DOES still rely on contact with a 'conductive electrolyte', which normal air can be (albeit a poor one). So basically, if you coat it in something that keeps air off it, you mostly prevent the corrosion.
For Aluminum and Copper, apply antioxidant paste. Antioxidant paste can easily be found on the internet. It is sometimes referred to as ‘connection grease.’

I've read that the aluminum copper combination causes a lot of corrosion in a wetter environment. I'm living in Costa Rica and it is very, very wet here.
Glad I asked.
The lugs are tinned and duel rated for copper and aluminum.
Another tempest in a teacup.

OP - please keep us updated. I am building my system with 2 of these inverters. I am also roughly designing one for a friend with 4 inverters (he needs 400A service). Biggest difference for me is the size of the system behind the inverters as he uses 150kW per day. The #panels and batteries will be larger. However, that is just scaling up from your system. Great job!

Hey Bentley, thanks for the comment. Where do I shop those cables/lugs?

Thanks.
I've been buying Ancor brand on Amazon.

Generally better quality than other brands. I recommend buying just a couple first and checking the fit. For some very small stranded silicon wire, I had to purchase 1 gauge to fit on 2 gauge wires.

I've also found BNTECHGO wire to be excellent quality if you can find it in stock the size you need. I've used a LOT of the 10 and 8 gauge, as well as the 6 gauge (6 gauge is the largest I've been able to find in stock). Very thin strands, thus very flexible, each stand individually tinned. Once you get a large enough wire, the thin strands and silicon insulation only go so far to providing flexibility.

Last edited:
Back