diy solar

diy solar

Ant BMS - Auto Balance vs "CellDiffBalance"

pjones

Hi,

Does anyone know what the difference is between these balancing modes, and when they are triggered? It shows up on "Param2" page.

Thanks

I don't know specifically about the balance, but Auto Balance is likely a yes/no situation turning it on or off. CellDiffBalance is likely the difference between cells needed to activate balancing.

There is a balance on/off function that turns off balancing completely. When it is enabled, Ant BMS seems to have 2 modes of balancing--I have only see Auto Balance when it's not charging, and Cell Diff Balance is on when it's charging? I've only had this for a day, so it could be toggling between modes when I am not watching it.

Yeah. Sorry. I shouldn't have given you hope that I knew what I was talking about. You have a link to the manual? :)

Well, these Chinese BMS... they manual is the eBay listing and Google. :)

But I have to say, they do have a lot of features, and for low discharge rate applications, they are hard to beat.

I found the answer, I'll post it here in case someone else wonders about this in the future:

Balanced status flag (105): u8

//Balanced status flag
//value:2 When charging, the voltage difference is too big, trigger balance
//value:4 Automatic balance

So from the look of it, you'd see CellDiff kick on when you got runner cells when charging, and the BMS tries to keep the cells balance. This is obviously useless if your cells aren't the size of mouse nuts.

Back