diy solar

diy solar

ANT BMS Hardware change wreaking havoc?

alfu

I may be wrong about this, but I think ANT (MaYi) introduced a new model which is activated by a switch rather than placing a voltage across two leads. Some of us can find NO Bluetooth app that will successfully interact with it.

The MyBMS app in this link, provided by FilterGuy, fixed the problem.

Which, of course, opened the door to new problems:
?️though an ammeter confirms cycling charge/disch MOS, the State displays are very ambiguous.
?️though the cell Type can be set LiPo, titanate, or ion the State displays "unknown", and none of the those characteristics propagate through to settings
?️the amperage reading with charge MOS ON is ridiculously high
?️with a 200mA balance limit, it will take a LONG time to see if it is actually balancing this pack with 0.3V ?️(here again, State display is ambiguous). Balance deck temp should rise, but it's not.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210830-101800_EDIT-44.jpg
    Screenshot_20210830-101800_EDIT-44.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
It IS balancing. The highest cell dropped 61mV, and ALL cells dropped 12mV or more in a 24hr period. But with only 200mA of balancing ability, I wonder if it is adequate for duty in a vehicle with old cells.

Good news is that control states and parameters persist even after the app is shut down. Parameters survive power off of the BMS itself, but require a bit of authorization finagling to reload.

One nice feature I "discovered" is that a row LEDs announce balancing status. But bafflingly, only during dischg. Yeah, RTFM.

Attachments

• 20210901_104742_EDIT-55.jpg
    20210901_104742_EDIT-55.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
How did you get this app to connect? Have used the old apps without issue but this one is beating me. Ant has std & LE bluetooth and the previous apps only connect thru std. You mention finangling authorisation.

Back