diy solar

diy solar

ANT BMS help! Wont boot! Flashing red led!

Sunny Days

I finally installed my ANT BMS...
As i powered on by connecting the red and black wires to less than 12v volts i hear it make a sound, and 2 red leds are flashing, the led on the LCD is constantly on red.....

Bue Nothing happens? Im using the xiaoxiang app and it detects ANT-BLE20S says its connectable as soon as y click it it sys connectind then i get an errorGet device info fail, please retry :-2 ....

ANY Ideas what is wrong? as allways i mess with things just as im getting hit with a tropical storm\ huricane! LOL

you don't connect to ANT-BLE20s connect to AA:BB:CC:B1:23:45
Connect your phone to the BMS not auto detect

The XIAO app shows both in the same selection, i cant chose!
If i use just the phone i get:
BMB-ANT20S
BT-163
ANT-BLE20S
When selected nothing happens, screen just hangs there.

I have the APK file for android if you want it? can't post it on forum
DM me your e-mail i send it to you

any luck? connecting to BMS
I managed to find that app!
After 3 atempts it connected!!!!! And powered on.
Seems to be part in chinese and any of the sertings that say, " Lithium titanate, Fe-Li param and Change mac address". All say "changing to Lithium iron" when selected.

So, Which is the REAL one? LOL
I did have to change it to 8s since factory was set to 20s i believe.

Still the LCD screen wont power on....

Last edited:
did my link work ;)
the screen needs a powersuply to go on:cool: 24v to 150 volt DC.

the factory default of the BMS is lithium ion

THANKS BARRY!
I currently changed the values to some recomended on the forums!
The only power wires the lcd have are the ones that said to connec to to a lower than
12v source to power on the BMS, are those meant to power on the lcd?

Any chance I could get the link...I'm having the same problem and can't find the My BMS App in the app store
You can use VBMS he is a youtuber it is special made for ANT BMS mine works great better than the original App.

Thanks just found VBMS through another forum right when you replied, gotta head back out to where my bus is and give it a try

Questions::

~3hz blinking LED in corner of board means what?

Do temp sensor leads need to be attached to report data?

Where can I find "My BMS" app? It isn't in Google play store.

The vendor shows the app in the image. I can't find it anywhere.

Same problem. Can't find an android app that works. Most BMS apps are proprietary, although ALL demand GPS access. My best luck is with xiaoxiang BMS. It pairs, allows bms to be selected, but "device get info fail". I'm doing this on an android phone, since that is where the app will run, eventually.

Here is some information on this product:

I tried it and it downloaded some .rar compressed files I have no idea how to use.

I opened some of the directories and downloaded some .zip.crdownload files. I stripped off the .crdownload part and clicked on rhe resultant .zip files.

"Failed to extract archive" error.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210807-114908_EDIT-50.jpg
    Screenshot_20210807-114908_EDIT-50.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Questions::

~3hz blinking LED in corner of board means what?

Do temp sensor leads need to be attached to report data?

Where can I find "My BMS" app? It isn't in Google play store.

The vendor shows the app in the image. I can't find it anywhere.

Same problem. Can't find an android app that works. Most BMS apps are proprietary, although ALL demand GPS access. My best luck is with xiaoxiang BMS. It pairs, allows bms to be selected, but "device get info fail". I'm doing this on an android phone, since that is where the app will run, eventually.

Here is some information on this product:

I tried it and it downloaded some .rar compressed files I have no idea how to use.

I opened some of the directories and downloaded some .zip.crdownload files. I stripped off the .crdownload part and clicked on rhe resultant .zip files.

"Failed to extract archive" error.

Use VBMS it is special made for ant bms by a youtuber.
you also have to wake up the bms to aplay some voltage, temp sensor is not needed to collect data

Update 210809 to edit original reply, which is apparently non-editablle.

Questions:

~3hz blinking LED in corner of board means what? (I think it means STSNDBY)

Where can I find "Mayi BMS" app? It isn't in Google play store. www.mayibms.com is the manufacturer, but their site is in Chinese. I guss I could use Google translate on it.

The vendor shows the ANT BMS app in the image. I can't find it anywhere.

Last edited:
Back