diy solar

diy solar

Ant bms question

This is my spare 300amp bought in February.
Thanks, yes that's a newer version.
The October one from last year looks the same?

By the way why did you buy so many of those ant BMS's, because you are used to the or they are cheaper than others? Why didn't you go for the jk or so?

The current one shows as 1.3.0

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220518-114707_bms.jpg
    Screenshot_20220518-114707_bms.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 10
Redundancy for testing really being new to this and the 15 to 30 days it take to get them from China to the UK.

I current have 2 batteries at 24v each.

8s lifepo4 eve cells at 105ah
And
8s lifepo4 eve cells at 280ah

Now I have things working and can see it all in practice as opposed to just the theory I will be doubling each of the above up to 16s at 48v

I will probably change to the JK given its performance in tests I the Off Grid Garage youtube channel.

I will the donate all my spare test bits to my daughter and get her on the solar ladder.

Redundancy for testing really being new to this and the 15 to 30 days it take to get them from China to the UK.

I current have 2 batteries at 24v each.

8s lifepo4 eve cells at 105ah
And
8s lifepo4 eve cells at 280ah

Now I have things working and can see it all in practice as opposed to just the theory I will be doubling each of the above up to 16s at 48v

I will probably change to the JK given its performance in tests I the Off Grid Garage youtube channel.

I will the donate all my spare test bits to my daughter and get her on the solar ladder.
I see, thanks for sharing!

Yes that integrated smart active balancer feature is really brilliant.
But to be fair, even the jk has room for improvement, like its balancing current is not as high (if checked and measured by hand) and continues/stable as shown in the app + those strange highly fluctuating cell voltages while charging and discharging in the BMS app. You can see those phenomenon in YouTube reviews.

There is a YouTube video, no voice, of a guy doing an over the air firmware update of the ant bms.

I would like to assume it would only do updates for compatible hardware but you never know.

When I double up the batteries and both 300amp bms's go on ill crack open the older 150amp and see if the firmware can be dumped and written back with a programmer.

That way I couldn't safely have a play with over the air updates.

There is a YouTube video, no voice, of a guy doing an over the air firmware update of the ant bms.

I would like to assume it would only do updates for compatible hardware but you never know.

When I double up the batteries and both 300amp bms's go on ill crack open the older 150amp and see if the firmware can be dumped and written back with a programmer.

That way I couldn't safely have a play with over the air updates.
Do you have a link at hand to that YouTube video you mentioned?

It looks like the top row of Chinese writing is your current firmware and the lower row of writing is the new available firmware.

Thanks a lot, yes i usually only pair to bms-ant which asks for the password.
Yes i also have no disconnect in my app.

How old are your BMS's? Do they look different than mine?

Have you already tried to connect to the new app version?
I bought a 100 A version in 2020 and it looks like yours. Now replaced with 200 A units when I added 2nd battery late 2021. Still look similar and running the "older" app. Have now bought a 3rd BMS this year for another pack which is the newer version. Haven't touched that one yet.

I bought the ANTs because they were getting good reviews and had 200 mA balance current. Now use Heltec's so BMS balance is not important now. ANTs have performed well and I monitor both with an R Pi to Grafana dashboard.

I got them for similar reasons as yourselves.

Saw a couple of reviews and not having experience of any others i though they would be good to fir me to practice with especially given the price.

I like them and at this moment in time serve my purposes.

The Grafana option is a bonus and I will be having a play with that shortly.

Got one of my spare pi's ready to go.

If I get stuck can I ping you some questions?

I got them for similar reasons as yourselves.

Saw a couple of reviews and not having experience of any others i though they would be good to fir me to practice with especially given the price.

I like them and at this moment in time serve my purposes.

The Grafana option is a bonus and I will be having a play with that shortly.

Got one of my spare pi's ready to go.

If I get stuck can I ping you some questions?
There's a separate thread on ANT BMS with RPI so check that out. I posted my experience there. Would like to try some more things but don't have a spare PI to play with at the moment. Just can't buy them with current shortages!

I will check that out, thank you.

I have a few but they are available in the UK although the prices have risen since I bought the 4.

Hi guys. There is v1.3 version now. Not sure what is new compared to 1.2.4

Attachments

• MY-APP-.apk
    11 MB · Views: 47
Back