diy solar

diy solar

ANT BMS Software and Manual

abelbushey

Hello All I recently purchased the 100a bms referenced in this video
and I am struggling to find the app and manual on how to wire it. If anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated! As well I have it wired now per the pictures for 8 cells. I top balanced them and get right around 27ish volts. When i trigger the bms to turn on the measured voltage through the bms is only 19v WHY could this be?

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 250
update. I got it wired and my phone to connect but when i attempt to pull power through the bms I cant get anything. Looking at the app it gives a message for both Charge mos and Discharge mos "wire disconnected" I have tried to push the turn on mosfet for discharge but still dont get an output. Any ideas?

Just tried out the same 8S 24V setup, and I'm having the same issue: Charge mos and Discharge mos "wire disconnected".
Did anyone figure this out?

I figured it out, you have to set the 'Actual Connected Cell Number' to 8 and press 'Set', you should hear a beep and the Charge and Discharge MOS will open! Good luck!

Have any of you had a problem with a "prechargefailure"? Seems to happen when my BMS disconnects due to cell difference then will not reconnect.

I have been trying to fix this with the auto-balance feature, but can't get it to work properly.

Just tried out the same 8S 24V setup ,I wired the BMS for 8 strings (cells) I can't get the BMS to connect to my smart Bluetooth, I tried the
P/W of oooo & 1234 nether one works. The manufacturer said that the BMS is program for 16s,to change it you need to program the BMS to
8s in your smart Bluetooth, which wont connect to BMS..... What can I do to fix this mess?????

Just tried out the same 8S 24V setup ,I wired the BMS for 8 strings (cells) I can't get the BMS to connect to my smart Bluetooth, I tried the
P/W of oooo & 1234 nether one works. The manufacturer said that the BMS is program for 16s,to change it you need to program the BMS to
8s in your smart Bluetooth, which wont connect to BMS..... What can I do to fix this mess?????
Which app are you using?
On iOS I could not connect using the xiaoxiang app but when using the ANT BMS it connected right away and I could change the settings.

My only problem now is how to get the SOC% right in the app...

Which app are you using?
On iOS I could not connect using the xiaoxiang app but when using the ANT BMS it connected right away and I could change the settings.

My only problem now is how to get the SOC% right in the app...
Did anyone find a way to calibrate the BMS for SOC?

Did anyone find a way to calibrate the BMS for SOC?
Settings - BMS hardware Parameter - CurrentSensor = ~200.0A (Not sure if this is correct but my SOC seems accurate now)

IMG_0040 2.jpgIMG_0039.jpg
Also you need to decide what you want your SOC parameters to be. I have old BYD 24v batteries that I don't want to overcharge above 3.45 or go below 3.00.

IMG_0041.jpg
Hope this Helps.

Hello All I recently purchased the 100a bms referenced in this video
and I am struggling to find the app and manual on how to wire it. If anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated! As well I have it wired now per the pictures for 8 cells. I top balanced them and get right around 27ish volts. When i trigger the bms to turn on the measured voltage through the bms is only 19v WHY could this be?
I really loved your video on the 16s smart BMS anyway I have purchased one the same and why it is up to the 14 s configuration as per drawings and as per your video and instructions who did it with 4 volt battery. The two red LEDs flashed easily paired it to my phone downloaded the app on phone but when I go on app I press connect identify the paired BMS but will not connect it keeps trying to over and over and I have unpaired and repaired also tried it with the red and black wire sorted as per your instructions and without short but it will not connect and the manufacturer give me nothing but useless information so I'm asking that clever brain of yours do you have any ideas as I have spent many many hours try to rectify and I must say the hammer is looking pretty good at the moment

to turn on the bms just put some voltage at the black and red wire and the BMS should go on with a BEEP and two red LED
then pair your phone to the BMS "BMS-ANT ..." and not the onther way arround.

I did that in beginning and paired OK and found correct app online, the app sees the paired bms but just jumps from saying connecting to not connected back and forth. That's what is so frustrating .

Settings - BMS hardware Parameter - CurrentSensor = ~200.0A (Not sure if this is correct but my SOC seems accurate now)

View attachment 21577View attachment 21579
Also you need to decide what you want your SOC parameters to be. I have old BYD 24v batteries that I don't want to overcharge above 3.45 or go below 3.00.

View attachment 21581
Hope this Helps.

Hi, What app is that? On IOS or Android? I could only get bluetooth to work on Android Mayi-BMS app, which works, but the UI is pretty terrible.

to turn on the bms just put some voltage at the black and red wire ...
I think the newer ones come with a pushbutton sw to attach to 2 black wires. Short press turns on, long press turns off again. I'm clueless whether they are the same wires. I saw a video indicating you have to apply a voltage for 5 seconds to unlock a password. I am very leery of applying a voltage if i don't know exactly where and what polarity!

Back