diy solar

diy solar

Any AIO replacement suggestions?

Zebra

Hi all.

I'm looking to upgrade my AIO as I plan to make the switch to a 48v 200ah lithium bank which my current unit doesn't support (mine is a 48v 200ah agm bank).

Does anyone have an AIO recommendation based on my current unit? (Note: running it off grid)

I'm currently using 1.5kw of solar via 6X 250w panels but I have a spare 6 panels to reach a total of 3kw which I'd like to add one day.

I don't have confidence in my abilities to size this up right but I'll continue researching to help improve as I go along! Help would certainly be appreciated though ? Cheers

Attachments

• 20220605_132221.jpg
    20220605_132221.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Well that’s got a 3000W 230VAC inverter. Only 18A of solar input?

What amps, max power, and VOC is a single panel?
Those things should drive your choices.

What amps, max power, and VOC is a single panel?
Those things should drive your choices.
Thanks for your help ? I've updated the post with my current panel specs. The amperage is where I seem to get stuck....I've had all 12 panels connected before successfully.

Series - amps stay the same, volts are sum of individual panel voltage
Parallel- amps are the sum of each panel, and volts are static to the individual panel rating.

250-450VOC, 360v DC nominal so that makes a little more sense.

I'm looking to upgrade my AIO as I plan to make the switch to a 48v 200ah lithium bank which my current unit doesn't support (mine is a 48v 200ah agm bank).
It's an MPP model, can you not just use the USR battery settings and plug in the correct voltages? Is the only reason you're looking to upgrade the battery issue?

I've updated the post with my current panel specs. The amperage is where I seem to get stuck....I've had all 12 panels connected before successfully.
What he's asking for would be the VoC, Vmp, and Isc on each panel. If we have that then we can help calculate which way to connect the panels, be it 6s2p or 3s6p or whatever. Another option might be to just grab a second SCC and throw the new panels on there and connect it in parallel with the AIO.

Back