Any battleborn coupons running now?

D

Deleted member 783

I've seen several people say that they called them and got $100 off two batteries.

SolarKimmy

Solar Addict
Battle Born is not the only battery out there, BTW. There are several brands that are better and cost less. BB has just done a great marketing strategy campaign. If one does their homework, you can find them with better built in BMS's and Temperature monitoring/cut off, plus more.

D

Deleted member 783

Curious @SolarKimmy , which ones? I'm still trying to decide if I'm going lithium in the spring, so I'd love to see some options I might not already know about.

SolarKimmy

Solar Addict
Easiest is to check what Will presents. It's a great job demonstrating what can be built (that's all BB does.... Build them and put in a case, from Chinese components. Their factory looks like something Willy Wonka created compared to Chinese facilities). I have researched many and the price with a quality BMS is 1/3 of BB. It's Just a little more work and BUT you can determine how long your warranty is for.. LOL.
For something out of a major brand with top level engineering and features, check out Victron Energy's Lifepo4's. The initially look expensive, but you can find discounts if you shop around, especially if you are comparing two BB's to a 200AH or larger Victron.
The recent discussions on the used 24V BYD Big Batteries are cost effective and look promising, but shipping is outrageous. They need to fix that.

ndamico

Just looked around and even the big 200ah vixtron lifepo4 is 2k plus. I'm looking for 200ah of lifepo4. Not sure I want to so my own bms on this project as I may not be present to monitor it in case something goes wrong.

ndamico

Whata the best deal out there today for about 200ah of lithium with integrated bms and a warranty?

D

Deleted member 783

Whata the best deal out there today for about 200ah of lithium with integrated bms and a warranty?

It's not even that simple unfortunately. The warranties go from 30 days to a decade. I'm working on a comprehensive comparison of all popularly available batteries, but it's getting more unmanageable as I go, so it will take me a while. The current best deal is the BYD batteries with Will's suggested setup, posted very recently.

Justin Laureltec

Bay Marine Supply Tech Support Manager
Our own cost on them just went up again at the beginning of the month (second time this year), but we're still shipping them out at $926.25 each for 1-3 or $897.75 each for 4 or more. That's forum-member discount through the rest of the month, so anyone interested can email me or call, since our website still has them at the retail $949.

...we're really hoping the tariffs lay off next year, since nobody -including BB themselves- can hold end-user prices down through too many more cost increases.

That being said, I too have heard of BB sending them out at further-discounted prices if you just call and ask, so that's definitely worth a try.

I can't say I agree with any statements of any manufacturer being both better and cheaper than BB... I'm not a fan of their prices either, but their track record speaks for itself in terms of longevity, durability, and construction methods (as Will proved in his disassembly). Lots of cheaper options out there, but I'm a firm believer that you usually get what you pay for.

Of course, having said that, I'll also add that I'm not at all a fan of Victron's LFPs... which I probably shouldn't say as a Victron distributor, but it's the truth. Don't get me wrong, they're top quality cells and top quality construction, but the drop-ins have too many caveats (.5C discharge, no serial connection) and the larger models with the external BMS get finicky as hell if they're not in an all-Victron system. When it comes to all-around performance, ease of use, durability, warranty, and flexibility, I don't think BB has much competition.

ndamico

It's not even that simple unfortunately. The warranties go from 30 days to a decade. I'm working on a comprehensive comparison of all popularly available batteries, but it's getting more unmanageable as I go, so it will take me a while. The current best deal is the BYD batteries with Will's suggested setup, posted very recently.

can you point me to the thread?

orangeminnie

Solar Enthusiast
Our own cost on them just went up again at the beginning of the month (second time this year), but we're still shipping them out at $926.25 each for 1-3 or $897.75 each for 4 or more. That's forum-member discount through the rest of the month, so anyone interested can email me or call, since our website still has them at the retail $949.

...we're really hoping the tariffs lay off next year, since nobody -including BB themselves- can hold end-user prices down through too many more cost increases.

That being said, I too have heard of BB sending them out at further-discounted prices if you just call and ask, so that's definitely worth a try.

I can't say I agree with any statements of any manufacturer being both better and cheaper than BB... I'm not a fan of their prices either, but their track record speaks for itself in terms of longevity, durability, and construction methods (as Will proved in his disassembly). Lots of cheaper options out there, but I'm a firm believer that you usually get what you pay for.

Of course, having said that, I'll also add that I'm not at all a fan of Victron's LFPs... which I probably shouldn't say as a Victron distributor, but it's the truth. Don't get me wrong, they're top quality cells and top quality construction, but the drop-ins have too many caveats (.5C discharge, no serial connection) and the larger models with the external BMS get finicky as hell if they're not in an all-Victron system. When it comes to all-around performance, ease of use, durability, warranty, and flexibility, I don't think BB has much competition.
...what he said.

Last edited:

offgridalways

I used code kombi5off to get an extra 5% off at checkout, saved me $200 on my battery bank. I went with these Battle Born Batteries
but I agree you might be able to negotiate a good deal if you call them and are buying multiple batteries. You don't ask you don't get :)

Forbisher

Փփքխմպձժճֆըվմ
I used code kombi5off to get an extra 5% off at checkout, saved me $200 on my battery bank. I went with these Battle Born Batteries
but I agree you might be able to negotiate a good deal if you call them and are buying multiple batteries. You don't ask you don't get :)
So you paid about $900 each for 5?
I bought one 100Ah last year as a blem for $835 and could have bought as many as I wanted.

They sold so many that it took like a week to ship and I suspect the one day sale ran out of blems so they shipped me an unblemished battery as I can't see anything wrong with it.
They also said if they have batteries that test slightly under 100Ah they sell those for less too.
I will probably never buy another BB but I like having one for a car camping power supply to mainly run a 12V fridge for 5 days.

SolarKimmy

Solar Addict
I have been testing my 1100 AH build of Eve Prismatic Cells now for 6 months of real field use. I'm convinced they are just as good as any packaged products (Battleborn, Relion, yada) drop in batteries. I have a colleague with 400 AH of battleborn about the same electronic system that I have (I got more solar) and cannot see any difference in real life use.

The Eve Cells are:

1. More compact
2. More configurable
3. Same or better discharge/charge profiles
4. Had no issues in 6 months. Working perfect.
5. COST A WOPPING HELL OF A LOT LESS. Battleborn is using Chinese cells they buy in mass quantity and probably build the whole battery for 80 bucks. They are making a ton of dough on them. 1120AH of the EVE cells cost me about $1500, delivered including a separate BMS. BB would cost you about ten grand for the same capacity.

Supervstech

Administrator
Staff member
I have been testing my 1100 AH build of Eve Prismatic Cells now for 6 months of real field use. I'm convinced they are just as good as any packaged products (Battleborn, Relion, yada) drop in batteries. I have a colleague with 400 AH of battleborn about the same electronic system that I have (I got more solar) and cannot see any difference in real life use.

The Eve Cells are:

1. More compact
2. More configurable
3. Same or better discharge/charge profiles
4. Had no issues in 6 months. Working perfect.
5. COST A WOPPING HELL OF A LOT LESS. Battleborn is using Chinese cells they buy in mass quantity and probably build the whole battery for 80 bucks. They are making a ton of dough on them. 1120AH of the EVE cells cost me about $1500, delivered including a separate BMS. BB would cost you about ten grand for the same capacity.
That is a lot of storage for the money to be sure!

Got links to the sources for that price!

SolarKimmy

Solar Addict
I am hesitant to provide links to any external shopping sites. I heard from someone that witnessed it, that those that do get banned from this site because Mr. Prowse does not profit from it. If it's not one of his subscribed affiliates or Amazon Affiliate shopping links, the poster gets banned. I may be mistaken, but that is what the word around the net is saying. Send me a private message and I will respond with information you request. I do not want to get banned as I find this information useful.

Supervstech

Administrator
Staff member
I am hesitant to provide links to any external shopping sites. I heard from someone that witnessed it, that those that do get banned from this site because Mr. Prowse does not profit from it. If it's not one of his subscribed affiliates or Amazon Affiliate shopping links, the poster gets banned. I may be mistaken, but that is what the word around the net is saying. Send me a private message and I will respond with information you request. I do not want to get banned as I find this information useful.
This is completely untrue.
Nothing to do with Will profiting.
His links are also not profiting here.
The banning is from sellers listing THEIR sites and affiliate links to drive up their profits and jam up the site.
Posting links to quality bargains from customers or interested in checking out the site is encouraged.