diy solar

diy solar

Any cool Battery Monitor/Info Display panels?

83A690F3-4ACE-4E7E-8A39-01DF4285442C.jpeg909E76CB-B16A-4C2D-B67E-3150767CF2DD.jpegI love the Victron GX for a system view - tells me everything going on in my RV.

Also, I love the data from my Batrium BMS.

View attachment 73034View attachment 73033I love the Victron GX for a system view - tells me everything going on in my RV.

Also, I love the data from my Batrium BMS.
This is my favorite GX display. They cram a lot of useful info in that one graphic.

Not just because of the easy view of what's going on, but the Assisting mode. I am on a small inverter genset running my air conditioner and residential fridge. No way the genset could run it by itself, but the power share mode helps out with some battery power and everything works together. Love it.

IMG_5024.jpg

I just received the "new" Junctek monitor listed earlier. I have not installed it yet, but I did power it up and play with it a bit. So far it is way better than the older version (which I have 2). The "solid" buttons are way better than the membrane ones on the previous version. The display is laid out better too. Contrary to the manual, I could not find the android app on the playstore, but I was able to download it from the other link provided and side load it. It's pretty nice too.

Note: I don't really trust some of these apps you have to side-load, so what I do is buy a cheap $29 pay as you go phone and just pull the sim card. Makes for a cheap way to connect to things like this (and others) without risking any of your data.

Just a follow up. I installed the "new" Junctek today and overall I am pleased with it. My only gripe is that there are two arrows next to the amp reading that show the current flow direction. Be aware that they are not showing the flow direction relative to the battery display right next to it. When the arrow is pointing away from the battery, it actually means current is flowing in. In other words the flow arrows are unrelated to the battery display and are relative to the amp reading to the left. It also does not help that they use red for indicating current flow in and blue for current out. IMO it would have been much more intuitive to be showing the flow to/from the battery that is displayed right there. Oh well.

Other than that, it seems to be working well. The AH remaining will change between time until discharged and time left to get to 100% depending on which way the current is flowing.

There are some nice calibrations settings in the menu. I have not tried them yet, but it looks like you can tweek things like the voltage displayed, in case it is off a bit.

Just another update for those looking at the new Juntek.

First, be aware of "operator error". If you accidentally toggle it to "off" (the icon next to the lock symbol), it will give you crazy readings. Most things will still work, but it will no longer count the amp-hours correctly which will make you think something is wrong with it.

Next, and this is a biggie. The Bluetooth range for the app is not very good (like 5 feet), especially if it is near any equipment that may be interfere. Once the app looses connection you have to manually reconnect it. This is important to me because I wanted to be able to use the app in the house. Since that won't work due to the range, I installed a mirroring app on the phone I dedicated to this, and I can then mirror the app on my laptop via wifi. Great.....until it decides to disconnect and you have to go back out to re-connect. It would be nice if the app wound simply auto-reconnect.

also very complete all tools and wires,lugs in it
only problem i have is that you can not set high soc disconnect and a high soc release.
this is done with a timer
what i want is soc 80% relay open soc 60% relay close

Another observation (YMMV). The bluetooth transmitter is in the shunt box not the display unit. I have found that my phone stays connected way better when the display unit is not plugged in. However, there was also an android app software update the other day, so that may have helped too.

So my kludge to get "remote" monitoring is to have my $29 unactivated 'pay as you go' phone running the app for the shunt connected via bluetooth. Then I have a screen mirror app running on the phone which I can connect to via wifi from my house. I wish the mirror app had better screen resolution, but it works good enough to see what is going on without having to walk out to the shed.

I use the sense. Great historical data for solar/power usage. Several different views to track power and solar. I can access the data via a computer or phone app. Pretty handy. Maybe not useful for tracking battery cell info.
1639151549857.png
1639151787876.png

What is "the sense" that you mentioned for tracking? More importantly, what does that have to do with this thread. Do you mean that the app can read from RS485 port on the junktec? Could you show us how you got that working, I have no idea about any about what you said or how it works magic8192. That is pretty cool if it is working of the junktec

They need to change the name for US, but yeah, the Junctek unit is pretty nice. I only use it for a meter, but does have the capability of doing some switching. Smart shunt makes it more accurate than my Overkill bms app, although I use the latter more initially for monitoring individual cells. For a battery meter it's great. (y) And you can't beat the price.

If I didn't have this I wouldn't have one - I would use the SCC or bms app. The victron is nice, but too rich for me.

Display

App

I just set the junctek and I'm sad the kwh goes up for usage which I like and goes up for charge. So I'm not sure what they intended it's use for but I like watching what my Inverter pulls out each month before I reset it.

You reset the Ah capacity and charge state (100%) when the battery IS fully charged, and it will keep track of your amps/watts in and out, and battery state of charge. Instead of measuring cell voltage, you measure amps in and out.

Very slick piece of electronics for DIY battery.

I like simple ;)

p156kaBl.jpg

I can't resist twinkling toys so I bought one and installed it today. I got the 600 amp version and basically it has replaced my negative busbar with the three battery connections on one side and three inverter connections on the other.
I could not use the bolts supplied because they were too big for my lugs, so I swapped the bolts from the previous bus bar for now.

Back