diy solar

diy solar

Any experience with Chins?

You probably shouldn't have ran the batteries to 0%. That's bad for any battery. The solar charge controller may not know what to do with a battery that depleted. Connecting a regular power supply may be one way to resurrect the battery. Once you get the battery to something like 20% the solar charge controller may be able to take over. Depending on the BMS, you may have to bypass it.
Ok. Good as any place to start. I am spoiled by the all-in-one systems, I guess, otherwise I would not have been so carelessly running it dead.

If your all-in-one allows for it, you should update it to cut off discharge once the battery bank reaches a certain percentage, like 10%. The inverter should be set this way and be your primary cut off. The BMS is the last line of defense.

If you send the batteries back to Chins, they'll know you ran the batteries to 0%.

If your all-in-one allows for it, you should update it to cut off discharge once the battery bank reaches a certain percentage, like 10%. The inverter should be set this way and be your primary cut off. The BMS is the last line of defense.

If you send the batteries back to Chins, they'll know you ran the batteries to 0%.
Oh, I meant I was spoiled by my solar "generators". I shouldn't have said all-in-ones, since I dont have something like a growatt. I'm using a 24v system with seperate components. I will have to make sure I create some kind of cutoff once I get the batteries recovered and try again. Thanks for your input so far.

I have the Chins 300 AH in my RV. Put it in this past spring. It has worked well. I have checked recently. Chins now has a 400 AH battery and the prices have been coming down. The 300 AH is now little over $1000.

Just wanted to say, i appreciate your time and perspective. Im Looking forward to you update!

planning to buy this battery for camper van solar rig.
320w solar panels
Renogy dc2dc charger controller combo
And 300ah chins

power demands are low and all DC. Im not expecting to drain the 300ah often or achieve full charge.

but, im a total noob and will certainly venmo you a beer for a refined comment on chins and my plan ?
I put a 300 AH Chins in my RV with a 50 amp Renogy Dual Input DC-DC charge controller. It really works well. It has a 2nd input to which I have connected my truck battery as well as the RV's onboard charger. I have 400 watts of solar. Very pleased with it.

You probably shouldn't have ran the batteries to 0%. That's bad for any battery.

Not that bad, not for LiFePO4.

Cycle life: > 2000 cycles at 100% Depth of Discharge (DoD),
up to 5000 cycles at 80% DoD

Back