diy solar

diy solar

Any experience with the Growatt AXE 5.0-C1 battery?

I saw this the other day.

Looks good, I wish they would show a picture of that connector so we could see if it is Anderson or some proprietary thing.

I saw this the other day.

Looks good, I wish they would show a picture of that connector so we could see if it is Anderson or some proprietary thing.

I was wondering about that as well. Page 16 of the manual seems to show the connector. Looks proprietary....

I can't seem to locate any info on the BMS for this product. Anybody have info on whether it is MOSFET or digital processor?

Attached is pic of Growatt AXE battery wire. It's a heavy-duty three-wire connector (+ve, -ve, gnd), one wire connector is required per battery stack to connect to SPF- or SPH-series inverters. The 5kWh AXE LFP battery can stack up to 10x (one on top of the other) offering up to 50kWh storage capacity. This AXE was purchased from Microgreen Solar (they offer Growatt kit in Canada, same as Signature does in USA) . . .

IMG_7068.jpg

Attached is pic of Growatt AXE battery wire. It's a heavy-duty three-wire connector (+ve, -ve, gnd), one wire connector is required per battery stack to connect to SPF- or SPH-series inverters. The 5kWh AXE LFP battery can stack up to 10x (one on top of the other) offering up to 50kWh storage capacity. This AXE was purchased from Microgreen Solar (they offer Growatt kit in Canada, same as Signature does in USA) . . .

View attachment 102573
Just picked up one as well. Where do you put that one green and yellow ground wire?!?

Depending on inverter model (some have a ground screw on the cabinet, some do not), the battery ground wire should be grounded either on the inverter ground screw or connected directly to the electrical panel ground wire.

Depending on inverter model (some have a ground screw on the cabinet, some do not), the battery ground wire should be grounded either on the inverter ground screw or connected directly to the electrical panel ground wire.
Grounded directly to growatt ground screw on inverter is what I gathered. Thankyou

Pretty awesome design in my opinion the more I think about it.

Any idea what protocol setting to chose in the lithium setting #05 for this battery?

I have a 6kw growatt inverter and the axe 5.0L-c1
I keep getting fault code 20 on inverter?
I actually don't know this. SS can probably find the answer or if not I can (I still have Growatt contacts I talk to) but they will likely find it faster.

Pretty awesome design in my opinion the more I think about it.

Any idea what protocol setting to chose in the lithium setting #05 for this battery?

I have a 6kw growatt inverter and the axe 5.0L-c1
I keep getting fault code 20 on inverter?
Hello I have the SPF12000T DVM Growatt with three Axe 5.0 Batteries. The default Protocol of the inverter came at 52 and changed it to 51. The alarm 20 code was erased.

Attachments

• 20220812_185051.jpg
    20220812_185051.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 40

View attachment 102573
Hello how is it working? I have three 5.0 . Any app or software to view batt info?

Growatt offgrid systems (all connected components) are monitored via their Shine cloud server (connection using optional WiFi dongle). Each AXE battery info is logged . level, charge, discharge, etc . . . using a wired CAN comms cable from AXE(s) to the inverter, then to the cloud/your phone/your laptop.

None as far as I know! I returned the axe and went with eg4. You’r setup looks beautiful. How’s it working for you?
The startup was on the 13 of august and has worked fine with my loads. I have 12 pvs 450watts Boviet two strings for each mppt. I've been having emails indicating fan faults but they don't show up on the screen as faults. Growatt emailed me to do a restart of the system. Verified the fan and working great. But besides that have been off my grid for two weeks for now. There isn't to much info out there but seeing the modular systems compared with the Home grid I took a chance. Seeking if there there any software to the BMS and monitor the cells stats. If not I'm considering Solar Assistant. Any updates or any member of the forum that could share ogive info support will be appreciated.

Here's a smartphone screenshot of Growatt's SHINE cloud monitoring's Battery Page for SPF inverter, showing AXE state of charge, charging/discharging, SOC history etc)

Attachments

• Shinephone Battery Status Data.jpg
    Shinephone Battery Status Data.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 34
Signature Solar is now selling a 48v 100ah Growatt battery, the AXE 5.0-C1. Has anyone used one? Any insight into quality? The stackable design is interesting! Thanks

Battery: https://signaturesolar.com/growatt-48v-100ah-battery-axe-5-0-c1/
Just installed one piece last month. So far working ok. Load during the day is 197w and 413w at night from 6.30pm to 6.30am in the morning. DOD at 6.30am is 16%. Installation site is Siaya, Kenya . My inverter is SPF3000TL 3kva 48V. Hope this update will give hope to those aspiring to buy the growatt axe battery.

Attachments

• BDA43227-1F56-47FF-925E-C94B32EC870E.jpeg
    BDA43227-1F56-47FF-925E-C94B32EC870E.jpeg
    379.1 KB · Views: 18
Back