diy solar

diy solar

Any feedback on ETC cells?

I'm not sure but I'm not lifting the black plastic to see under it lol

It's glued on so peeling it back will mean it's always gonna look shit.

I'll have a look to see what's on the outside.

In the end, 2k - 2.5k for a pack this big is cheap as shit and as long as they last at least 2yrs with most of their capacity I will be in front of buying something like an LG 10kwh and will have had more capacity to play with.

I think people forget what a brand name pack of similar capacity costs.

I think people forget what a brand name pack of similar capacity costs.
Yeah I hear you. Just trying to understand what can.
The top cover peeled up and stuck back down surprisingly easy.

well look at that! another QR code scratched off under the black cover.

@bobh5597815 what do you mean "reprocessed"? does this just mean "used" or is there actually some sort of reconditioning procedure that resellers/manufacturers do to bring old cells closer to original spec?
And are you speculating or do you know this is being done to ETC 277 cells?
Thanks for the insight.

@DIY-Dan I'm curious if your cells have 1 or 2 covered up/scratched out QR codes. In this supposed ETC Video there are is one shot of a cell with 2 QR codes, others with 1 QR code. I wonder if the 277s originally have 1 or 2.

Anyways, Xuba, who of course did not tell me any of this upfront, says:
"When we purchased from ETC brand factory, there were two QR codes on it for a long time.One of them was scratched because ETC DONNOT allow dealers to sell batteries with two complete QR codes. We guarantee that these products are Grade A, brand new and purchased directly from ECT."

And
"I explained to you, because the factory does not want these batteries to be used for civilian use, it is only the tracking code of the factory's internal system. Two-dimensional code cannot prove the battery (life, performance, use process)"
I have never seen grade A cells with incomplete QR code and deliberately ground off. There is no doubt that these are Grade B cells and do not accept any refutation! ha-ha

Back