diy solar

diy solar

Any flashaholics in the group?

jleblan1

Ive got a tame collection compared to what I see in some other groups im in. Im a nitecore and rovyron fan. I have a few imalent and fitorch as well. I have some coast and a LED Lenser lights that take regular dry cells as well.

Attachments

• 20220501_204228_HDR.jpg
    20220501_204228_HDR.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 9
I have a nitecore H65 headlamp. The headlamp works great, very bright, the elastic headband it comes with is a piece of garbage.

The rest of my 18650 flashlights are the cheap $10 units from ebay. I just make sure I get the Cree XML2 bulb and they last forever.

I do have a few Feyachi FL22's for weapon lights. They seem to be of a higher quality than most of the ebay stuff.. Probably more comparable to the nitecore line.

The ebay units I have can take an 18650 or three AAA batteries. That's one of the reasons I bought them.

Yes.
Last two acquisitions were small throwers.

Lumintop fw21 x9l.

Its a very small pocket rocket, stupid bright in fact on turbo after about 25 seconds you cant hold on to it. What I dont like is that its got a pukey yellow green tint on anything but turbo, but i think its got the most candela per size of anything on the market. About $160 with shipping and two batteries from ebay.

And about twice its size but still practical, a thrunite catapult V6 with a more pleasing tint. Another thrower, the heads twice the size of the lumintop but its really more practical. Its got a firefly mode that goes for 70 days I think?

I gave away my BLF Q8. Hated the tint and overcomplicated UI but was an honest 5000 lumens and I dropped it dozens of times, never fazed it.

Still thinking of the white laser flashlights but they are probably best used for mayhem AKA tactical use. I hate when Im sitting in the dark in my car in a parking lot, someone pulls in facing me from any distance, and just sits there with their lights on. And sits there. And sits there. Its usually some dolt with custom LED headlights he thinks people are impressed by.
So I will either get out of or sit in the car and give em the business end of whatever bright light I have. After a few minutes that is and usually after a warning with headlights.

Yeah Im thinking an LEP would work for that, unfortunately it may cause permanent retina damage and be considered assault by police who would hear the word laser and that would be it.

The GT is too big.

Ive got a tame collection compared to what I see in some other groups im in. Im a nitecore and rovyron fan. I have a few imalent and fitorch as well. I have some coast and a LED Lenser lights that take regular dry cells as well.
I see that little red fitorch on the left is that the "li'l fatty"? 3k lumens out of 4 leds with a stubby battery with a built in usb micro charger?
I had that for about a year, bought for $35 on battery junctions black friday sale. Impressive but the lockout was a pain and one day it fell out of my pocket getting out of the car and went wonky. 2.5 feet to concrete killed it so not happy about the durability. Still have it if you press the power button the light blinks then goes off.

Back