diy solar

diy solar

Any honest state side Eve cells Grade A EV resellers?

Got mine today, also.
Already connected to my system.
This batch is just like the first. Absolutely perfect.
If it is absolutely perfect for you, that's what's important.

I'm just wondering how you determined "Absolutely perfect" ?
Did you load test any of the cells ?
Did you load test the battery built with the cells ?
Is the battery perfectly top balanced. How did you determine this ?

Doing it now, but it already looks exactly like the first batch.

This was my first batch.

Post in thread 'EVE 280AH cells fast shipping and great price!' https://diysolarforum.com/threads/eve-280ah-cells-fast-shipping-and-great-price.37513/post-542997

Make sure you select the B2A24S20P
That part number is not showing up on the link. And what am I missing? If I'm interpreting the part number correctly it seems like I would need a 16S for a 48V system?

Edit:

It took a minute to find and to figure out how to zoom in on the microscopic thumbnail image of thier spec sheet. For some odd reason they put 24S in the part number but it has a range of 15S to 20S. Go figure.

1662860114343.png

Last edited:
That part number is not showing up on the link. And what am I missing? If I'm interpreting the part number correctly it seems like I would need a 16S for a 48V system?
They don't make a dedicated 16s. So you need the 24s. The instructions tell you how to wire it for different configurations.
Try the other one I posted. I don't remember which one came with the power button included, and which one didn't. But, it can be purchased separately.

They don't make a dedicated 16s. So you need the 24s. The instructions tell you how to wire it for different configurations.
Try the other one I posted. I don't remember which one came with the power button included, and which one didn't. But, it can be purchased separately.
It's making sense now that I've found a readable spec sheet. They're listing the range for Lion. I'll find it, thanks!

edit to fix typo

Last edited:
I followed the link. Saw the pics. Did not find ant testing data from you on that first set of cells ?
What's it all mean ?
I don't top balance or test the cells individually.
I hook them up and do real world testing. Full charge and discharge a couple of times and note capacity and delta. The JK BMS takes care of everything.

I don't top balance or test the cells individually.
I hook them up and do real world testing. Full charge and discharge a couple of times and note capacity and delta. The JK BMS takes care of everything.
Do you ever post any test data ?

These the ones from the 18650 store? I'm probably pulling the trigger on 16 any day now. What BMS are you using? This will be my first build.
JK BMS B2A20S20P. If you like the 4.3" LCD, order separately. Hankzor Store AliExpress.

These American Standard 19.2kW heat kits normally pull approx 80A @ 240VAC. I'm pulling 17.2A @ 50.2VDC. The 860W with no blower outdoors is all I push through one 19.2kW heat kit. I have plenty more to add more load if needed. I discharge all of my new 16S 280aH batteries from 30% to 0% (2.5V/cell). I don't want expensive inverters shutting down on low voltage. This is how JK BMS SOC becomes more accurate and I get to see how my new battery performs when I recharge up to 3.650V/Cell cutoff. I'll have the JK capacity reading and separate DROK VAH9030H capacity reading tomorrow. Although it's not precision (3% plus or minus), it gives me a baseline to at least compare all of my new battery builds and future degradation tests.

Attachments

• 8143F35B-8966-44A1-87D7-6DBC5E294B29.jpeg
    8143F35B-8966-44A1-87D7-6DBC5E294B29.jpeg
    242.8 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Back