diy solar

diy solar

Any honest state side Eve cells Grade A EV resellers?

1st cycle test.

Full charge to 57v. (Average 3.55v per cell)
Max delta - 0.12v

Full discharge to BMS shutdown ( first cell to 2.5v)
Capacity - 284.3 amp hours.
Max delta - 0.09v

I'm very satisfied with my purchase, again.
My first batch of 16ea LF-280K cells from 18650 in Atlanta, Ga.

No Top Balance performed. Installed JK BMS B2A20S20P and 4.3" LCD (from Hankzor Store)with 2A bal current. Discharged to 2.506V/cell, Volt Diff: 270mV@14.6A discharge rate.

Re-Charged to PackV: 57.6V. Highest cell reached 3.660V. VoltDiff: 129mV@10.2A charge rate. Capacity: 282aH.

Current consumption BMS: 14mA, LCD: 32mA. It's so worth it not dragging my phone out for the app. Just buy an extra pv panel?.

These cells were manufactured by EVE and are the best I have purchased. Thank you Chris, James and Ivy.

Last edited:
Did it come with a power button? One of mine didn't, but I don't remember which ones were bought where.
All of my new ones with that model number came with a power button that goes into the 6-pin LCD port. I didn't use it because I got the 4.3 inch display and it comes with a power button built in with a two pin connector so that you can panel mount it. Then it also gets a small 4 pin UART connector that goes in GPS port. The LCD and power button only work on the latest models. Download the new JK Spec and Operation Manual version 2.2, dtd 7/22/2022. I have used eight different brands of BMS. Daly is the first on the trash heap, JBD is going on the heap today. JK BMS and their manual are the best out there and will replace all others as soon as they get the Daly or JBD glitch.

Last edited:
All of my new ones with that model number came with a power button that goes into the 6-pin LCD port. I didn't use it because I got the 4.3 inch display and it comes with a power button built in with a two pin connector so that you can panel mount it. Then it also gets a small 4 pin UART connector that goes in GPS port. The LCD and power button only work on the latest models. Download the new JK Spec and Operation Manual version 2.2, dtd 7/22/2022. I have used eight different brands of BMS. Daly is the first on the trash heap, JBD is going on the heap today. JK BMS and their manual are the best out there and will replace all others as soon as they get the Daly or JBD glitch.
Yeah, mine are the same. I just borrowed a button to turn on this new battery. I didn't know that this one didn't come with the button. I have some on order now.

1st cycle test.

Full charge to 57v. (Average 3.55v per cell)
Max delta - 0.12v

Full discharge to BMS shutdown ( first cell to 2.5v)
Capacity - 284.3 amp hours.
Max delta - 0.09v

I'm very satisfied with my purchase, again.

Holy cow that's some impressively consistent delta on both ends! I'm jealous :)

Holy cow that's some impressively consistent delta on both ends! I'm jealous :)
And it will only get better. That was just the first cycle. The JK BMS will get it to 0.003 and keep it there.
When they match on the top, the credit goes to the BMS.
When they also match on the bottom, the credit goes to the seller, for well matched cells.

That and proper connections of the guy making the pack.
I can't take any credit for this, at the moment. It's sitting on the floor of my laundry room. With a set of jumper cables running through a hole in the wall. (Temporarily until I finish remodeling) lol

Attachments

• 20220913_124548.jpg
    20220913_124548.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 15
I can't take any credit for this, at the moment. It's sitting on the floor of my laundry room. With a set of jumper cables running through a hole in the wall. (Temporarily until I finish remodeling) lol
That's the way I'm doing my work van 600-800aH battery bank. Yank it out the side if needed. ? Of course 125 lb is easier than these 190 lb batteries.

Maybe try Gobel Power: gobelpower.com
On their site you can choose to order either EV grade, or ESS (energy storage) grade.

I order ESS, so can't say if Grade A is really better.

Unless you are building an EV, I would just get ESS grade from a reputable supplier.
It sounds like you have purchased LFP cells from Gobel. I have been trying to work with Jenny Wu at Docan but she evades even saying the brand of 280 ah cells she is shipping from China. About the best she will say is that they will have an intact QR code and matched IR yet they advertise so called new, grade A cells. I have asked her twice to state that in her quote and invoice she can't seem to do it. Did you get good ESS cells from Gobel?

It sounds like you have purchased LFP cells from Gobel. I have been trying to work with Jenny Wu at Docan but she evades even saying the brand of 280 ah cells she is shipping from China. About the best she will say is that they will have an intact QR code and matched IR yet they advertise so called new, grade A cells. I have asked her twice to state that in her quote and invoice she can't seem to do it. Did you get good ESS cells from Gobel?
Also while reading "terms on the 18650 site I see this--->

WARRANTY DISCLAIMER​

THIS SITE AND THE MATERIALS AND PRODUCTS ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, 18650 BATTERY STORE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. 18650 BATTERY STORE DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT THE DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THE SITE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. 18650 BATTERY STORE
This sure seems to be the case with the 1 of 64 bad cells I got! According to them 120mv+ difference isn’t that much….

This sure seems to be the case with the 1 of 64 bad cells I got! According to them 120mv+ difference isn’t that much….
I have no problem with 120mv difference if I am charging one of my 16S 280aH batteries with 37A at 56.8-57.6V (3.55-3.60V).

I never charge above 55.5V in normal everyday use, so mine from all over the world, including 18650 run 20-60mV difference at that voltage. They aren’t automotive grade A+.

I have no problem with 120mv difference if I am charging one of my 16S 280aH batteries with 37A at 56.8-57.6V (3.55-3.60V).

I never charge above 55.5V in normal everyday use, so mine from all over the world, including 18650 run 20-60mV difference at that voltage.

Attachments

• D52185AB-24E6-4880-8084-00BAB33CB068.png
    D52185AB-24E6-4880-8084-00BAB33CB068.png
    784 KB · Views: 9
That cell is always the first to top out and the first to bottom out… obviously less capacity than the others. By how much, I am not sure… my point is 18650batterystore.com will not stand behind their product!

Check and clean all connections. Measure with an accurate 3 place meter. Did you top balance? Swap cells and see if it follows. Make sure balance current is set to 2.0A. After all of that, if still the same then that is double what I am seeing at 55.5V charging around 5-10A. I have cells from 18650, Dongguan Lightning- Hayley and Schenzen Luyuan- Amy. I bought a cheap capacity tester on Amazon. Great to compare capacities.

That cell is always the first to top out and the first to bottom out… obviously less capacity than the others. By how much, I am not sure… my point is 18650batterystore.com will not stand behind their product!
It doesn't look like a bad cell to me.
The JK BMS should have no problem taking care of it.
If I go for a week without reaching full charge, I see a lot bigger delta than that. But, the JK takes care of it.

Unless I am missing something. That's actually pretty good.
The 3 other banks have a difference of 20ish max or less than 1/5th of this one. All 15 other batteries in that bank are very close…. Just 1 that is a problem…. And they will not replace 1 cell on a $10k+ order!

Check and clean all connections. Measure with an accurate 3 place meter. Did you top balance? Swap cells and see if it follows. Make sure balance current is set to 2.0A. After all of that, if still the same then that is double what I am seeing at 55.5V charging around 5-10A. I have cells from 18650, Dongguan Lightning- Hayley and Schenzen Luyuan- Amy.
I have moved the cell and it follows the cell so it is not the BMS. I have verified the voltages using a Fluke. I top balanced for a week and the BMS can get the difference to 1mv, but as soon as you actually cycle the battery it goes out of balance immediately!

Back