diy solar

diy solar

Any honest state side Eve cells Grade A EV resellers?

I agree on checking the connections and swapping the order to see if it moves with that cell.
But either way, I wouldn't consider it a bad cell.
That's really not bad at the extreme top of the knee.

What do you have the balance trigger voltage set at?
If it's below 3.4v, that could explain part of it.

The 3 other banks have a difference of 20ish max or less than 1/5th of this one. All 15 other batteries in that bank are very close…. Just 1 that is a problem…. And they will not replace 1 cell on a $10k+ order!
Sucks they won't send you a new cell after such a big order, tells you something.
if it were me, I would buy one new cell, and try swapping out with that weak one. Just to see if the pack runs better.
Thanks for sharing your experience, at least now we all know.

I would raise it to 3.45v, and see if it improves.
I've noticed that if it's to low. It starts balancing the early runners to much, in the wrong direction. Then, it throws everything out of wack. Before the cells show their true nature. Then it has to work even harder to get things back in order.

I would raise it to 3.45v, and see if it improves.
I've noticed that if it's to low. It starts balancing the early runners to much, in the wrong direction. Then, it throws everything out of wack. Before the cells show their true nature. Then it has to work even harder to get things back in order.
Same here. My recommendation when sourcing all of this junk from China with shipping damages, etc. Buy 10% extra. It will always get used or given away to new solar buddies.

I'm just happy to have a local seller for quality cells.
Having them powering my system, 3 days after ordering them. That's as good as it gets, in my book.

The 3 other banks have a difference of 20ish max or less than 1/5th of this one. All 15 other batteries in that bank are very close…. Just 1 that is a problem…. And they will not replace 1 cell on a $10k+ order!
If they did replace that one cell, there is no guarantee that one replacement cell would be a match for your other 15 matched calls. Then you would still be unhappy ! Non automotive grade cells are not always matched perfectly in a battery pack. I am just wondering what the amp hour/watt-hour cell readings, comparing the one outstanding cell with any one of the 15 well matched cells ? And what the battery amp-hour/watt-hour reading is with the unmatched cell in the mix cuasing the battery to isolate itself from the load/charge above 0% state of charge and below rated 100% SOC.
In other wordss, does it really matter ?

Back