diy solar

diy solar

Any ideas for a good power supply for 24 volt lifepo batteries?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9967
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 9967

I am in need of a 24 volts power supply for my batteries. Apparently the Longwei I was using decided to go bad on me.
Other have stated that this is a common thing among these models.
Whatever though.
Does anyone have a link to a good power supply that of course turns itself off once it reaches the proper voltage like the Longwei use to?
Preferably $50 or under if at all possible.
Thank you for your help people. :)

I made my own, use a $20 10amp to 30a Renogy solar charge controller and instead of solar input, use an old PC power supply or any compatible low cost DC power supply (200w - 800w for led circuits etc) like you see on Amazon. Works great! You set a lithium charge profile on the SCC and it does all the charging safely for you ..

good luck $50 charger may get you in trouble
It already has. But this is an intelligent international group so you never know.
Also $50 American, plus shipping and duty and exchange is over $100 Canadian.

I made my own, use a $20 10amp to 30a Renogy solar charge controller and instead of solar input, use an old PC power supply or any compatible low cost DC power supply (200w - 800w for led circuits etc) like you see on Amazon. Works great! You set a lithium charge profile on the SCC and it does all the charging safely for you ..
But how do you get it to do 29.2 volts when it is only 12 volts?
Nice idea though. Thanks.

EDIT: Also, how would it stop charging automatically and not just keep pumping in the amps and making balloons out of your cells like happened to someone else here?

It already has. But this is an intelligent international group so you never kno
Also $50 American, plus shipping and duty and exchange is over $100 Canadian.
will prowse reccomends a good victron on his site thats not too expensive and its adjustable maybe someone has it in stock in Canada

Its not an idea, i have been doing this for ages. You use the 24v mode of the renogy SCC in lifepo4 mode and feed it with a 200w 24v charger, only $20 on Amazon. The SCC charges your batteries correctly.

Basically, you use the power supply as a substitute for solar panels. Very reliable and safe.

Total cost - under $40...

Last edited:
will prowse reccomends a good victron on his site thats not too expensive and its adjustable maybe someone has it in stock in Canada
Thanks.
Do you have a link to one so I know what I am looking for?
Thanks again. :)

Its not an idea, i have been doing this for ages. You use the 24v mode of the renogy SCC in lifepo4 mode and feed it with a 200w 24v charger, only $20 on Amazon. The SCC charges your batteries correctly.

Basically, you use the power supply as a substitute for solar panels. Very reliable and safe.

Total cost - under $40...
The first link looks like a solar charge controller. Not sure how this will help me but thanks.
And the second link does not have controller knobs for voltages AND amps.
Nor does it have a display to show what is the voltages or amps either.
Thanks again :)

EDIT was for clarification.

Ok so I checked out Wills website and never did see a Victron charger there.
Thanks though for the idea. :)

Ok then if not at $50 American.
At what price is a good decent one then? Links?
Thank you. :)

I need it to turn off.
Thanks for the idea though. :)

I am in need of a 24 volts power supply for my batteries. Apparently the Longwei I was using decided to go bad on me.
Other have stated that this is a common thing among these models.
Whatever though.
Does anyone have a link to a good power supply that of course turns itself off once it reaches the proper voltage like the Longwei use to?
Preferably $50 or under if at all possible.
Thank you for your help people. :)
What are you using this power supply for?

What are you using this power supply for?
8 - 280 amp cells. It i for my mobility scooter.
I want it to charge my battery.
It is a real need for me so I would rather spend the money and get a good one than to keep buying cheap ones that break down.
So i would also prefer someone recommend one that they have used for a long period of time themselves for charging batteries as well.
If possible.

8 - 280 amp cells. It i for my mobility scooter.
I want it to charge my battery.
It is a real need for me so I would rather spend the money and get a good one than to keep buying cheap ones that break down.
So i would also prefer someone recommend one that they have used for a long period of time themselves for charging batteries as well.
If possible.
So how much current is desirable. Victron has a 16A model but that would be pretty slow.

You could buy a lithium compatible RV converter that would work.

So how much current is desirable. Victron has a 16A model but that would be pretty slow.

You could buy a lithium compatible RV converter that would work.
I was using a 10 amp psu so 16 amps would speed things up pretty good LOL.
Not just any lithium charger will do as a lithium ION charger goes to high for lifepo cells.
Do you have links?
Thanks. :)

Thanks.
Read the manual and it says it goes to 29.4 volts. The maximum for lifepo is 29.2
Thanks for trying though I really do appreciate it. :)

Back