diy solar

diy solar

Any ideas for a good power supply for 24 volt lifepo batteries?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9967
  • Start date
WOW, no clue why but Victron wants the following control of my phone.
This app has access to:
4rkEm_eN4F8lAtqf1avrqAQ49_IjMjRduxI5szmftCXmKzSaLsNScjM5DSGQp2qtI5R_fqj8j7aJi_G3dg=s20
  • approximate location (network-based)
  • precise location (GPS and network-based)
aWNKQedLTpw6u6yyMjQObmuoKu67A1czWnIcvID86oAmMT02r5mNdRn6l9ZN2t2MIyH6tNy-01v7ukeQ=s20
Storage

• read the contents of your USB storage
  • modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
pHtIujPWxciAZcfYSwlrGGq14Z984rKLMgcm9RPATLiOlbrWy-tVlelEWgED7gpktgcD1tZizVeHiO5fkw=s20
Photos/Media/Files

• read the contents of your USB storage
  • modify or delete the contents of your USB storage

Other
  • view network connections
  • pair with Bluetooth devices
  • access Bluetooth settings
  • full network access
  • prevent device from sleeping

No chance I am letting them have precise GPS location AND the right to modify or delete my stuff on my phone.
Never happening.
It was looking good until then.

Well so much for Victron then.
I didn't know they were the usual online scum.
Now I know and will never use or recommend them ever again.

Thanks everyone for the heads up and warnings. :)

EDIT: And all this power over my phone just so I can charge batteries?
Sorry but that is WAY too much power to give strangers over my phone and its contents.
Never happening.

I give the best advice I can, but I have better things to do than handholding people through basic things like "using an app on a modern cellphone".
Ok then go do them and stop coming here to help newbies.
Obviously new comers are never welcomed in your life.
I on the other hand welcome people that know nothing and love to help them when face to face to learn new things.
For example woodworking. I have helped people that never used a hammer how to use power tools and make furniture.
But I guess it is because I am not an elitist or snob and don't' think I am better than every one ele that allows me to help newbies.

I also do not consider myself too good to "hand hold" people through the basics.
Maybe because I remember how difficult some things were for me when I started out in some things and like to help others not go through the same problems.

Or maybe you are just a

Ok so I think I have found a website that may have some decent 8s 24 volt power supplies.

Anyone had any experience with this company and or their products?

Thanks guys.

[Got this info from another forum].

EDIT: Had to double check the url, sorry about that.

You are seriously worried about location services? You should probably not use any app on your phone that uses Bluetooth then because they likely all you use location services.

Last edited:
You are seriously worried about location services? You should probably not use any app on your phone that uses Bluetooth then because they likely all you use location services.
I use the one for my Daly bms right now and it does not do that.
Also every bluetooth device I have had including keyboards, mice, head phones, other phones, music devices [like my speakers], mics, etc have never needed to know my location to find the computers or my phones bluetooth.
I have also had a bluetooth KB for my phones and they never needed location access.
So yeah, I have had MANY BT devices.
And NONE of them have needed to know if I was shopping or in the bathroom etc etc.

It is possible to find decent companies. Not all companies want to control your phones media, data, storage content, etc like these guys do. Some just want to do their jobs decently.

Ok how about adding a small $12 digital charge controller for controlling up to 30 amps. You set the cut off as you like and connect any charger you want with a rating under 30 amps.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6V-60V-12V...-Charging-Controller-Module-30A-/192224927102
Looks interesting. But how would it convert say 12 volts 5 amps in to 29.2 volts and 30 amps out? That does not compute.
Interesting idea though but you can't create energy out of thin air.

EDIT: What am I missing here?

Where you getting 12 volts 5 amps? Just choose any generic charger that goes over 29.2 volts. This controller will stop the charge at 29.2 or any other voltage you select.

I use the one for my Daly bms right now and it does not do that.
Also every bluetooth device I have had including keyboards, mice, head phones, other phones, music devices [like my speakers], mics, etc have never needed to know my location to find the computers or my phones bluetooth.
I have also had a bluetooth KB for my phones and they never needed location access.
So yeah, I have had MANY BT devices.
And NONE of them have needed to know if I was shopping or in the bathroom etc etc.

It is possible to find decent companies. Not all companies want to control your phones media, data, storage content, etc like these guys do. Some just want to do their jobs decently.
Wow...you really don't get it. You use mice, keyboards, microphones with your cell phone? Take a couple minutes and do a web search on location services and Bluetooth LE and educate yourself. Victron has no control over this. Its an Android thing and varies from version to version of Android.

BTW Victron needs access to your memory to store pictures and logs...just like many other apps on your phone.

Where you getting 12 volts 5 amps? Just choose any generic charger that goes over 29.2 volts. This controller will stop the charge at 29.2 or any other voltage you select.
Ah ok. See this is where I misunderstood you and was looking at the ad instead. My mistake.
So a step down converter then that controls the upper limit of the charger.
Got it now. Thanks. :)

Wow...you really don't get it. You use mice, keyboards, microphones with your cell phone? Take a couple minutes and do a web search on location services and Bluetooth LE and educate yourself. Victron has no control over this. Its an Android thing and varies from version to version of Android.

BTW Victron needs access to your memory to store pictures and logs...just like many other apps on your phone.
On the ap at the playstore they say they NEED to know your location for the app to work which is BS.
Second, they do not need access to my data and files to modify, add and delete what they wish to get the app to work either.
I have only been working with computers since the late 1990's so I am sure you know more about this than I do though.

As for KB for phones. They have been out for a long time.
As have BT ear pieces and head phones as well as mics for people to talk hands free on their phones.

Lastly, Victorn is not a location service but a battery charger.

I have found it incredibly hard to find a battery charger that charges and turns off. They all want to float. We are living with a lead-acid hangover. Nobody gets it yet.

I see another similar switch that cuts 120v power in a similar manor. I plan to install this gadget in my RV to just cut power from the converter. There are NO RV converters suitable for LFP charging. Your question has inspired me to this solution. Thanks for that. :)

I have found it incredibly hard to find a battery charger that charges and turns off. They all want to float. We are living with a lead-acid hangover. Nobody gets it yet.

I see another similar switch that cuts 120v power in a similar manor. I plan to install this gadget in my RV to just cut power from the converter. There are NO RV converters suitable for LFP charging. Your question has inspired me to this solution. Thanks for that. :)
The longwei and some others do shut off when they reach their goal. Sadly though they are also not made very well and break down often as others here have mentioned. :(

You are welcome. :)
I hope I have done something to inspire and/or help you. :)

Ok how about adding a small $12 digital charge controller for controlling up to 30 amps. You set the cut off as you like and connect any charger you want with a rating under 30 amps.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6V-60V-12V...-Charging-Controller-Module-30A-/192224927102
Ok I think I got it now.
So using the device you mentioned I could hook it up to this;
And then use it to regulate what goes into the cells and it will even turn off when it gets there. Cool

Or use something like this;
And use the device you recommended as a safety device to make sure everything gets turned off at the correct voltages.

Have I got this correct?

EDIT for spelling

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have the device and have not used it. But yes. That is how the description shows to me that it works.

I have read good reports on the Meanwell power supplies.

Ok then if not at $50 American.
At what price is a good decent one then? Links?
Thank you. :)

Back