diy solar

diy solar

ANY ONE DEAL WITH THESE GUYS - Dongguan Lightning New Energy Technology????

ghostwriter66

"Here - Hold my Beer"
EE from LAX CA -work in SouthTX for giant evil Oil

Dongguan Lightning New Energy Technology

SO a guy that my boss follows because he explains solar stuff very detailed is

He apparently got (4) 280aH 3,2v LIFePO4 batteries delivered pretty damn quick for 116 each (464 total) from Alibaba ...

Just wondering if anyone has dealt with this company ???

No but if you watch that it looks like he got very poorly matched cells.

There are 2 each from different production runs with different QR’s and there seems to be some physical differences as well.

You would think they could throw together a set of 4 cells better than that without even trying ?.

No but if you watch that it looks like he got very poorly matched cells.

There are 2 each from different production runs with different QR’s and there seems to be some physical differences as well.

You would think they could throw together a set of 4 cells better than that without even trying ?.

But then again they were within tolerance on weight AND he did get about 95% of the rated power .. 272 vs 280aH .... The same folks out there sucking up guns and ammo and toilet paper are also sucking up LiFePO4 batteries and solar panels ... I know right now some of the distributors that I chat with in China says that they are running pretty short on batteries .... so they probably had to run across the street and get 2 of them from their cousins...

I received them 2 months after placing my order. I'm not sure if that qualifies as "pretty damn quick" ;) The supplier "matched" them by grouping similar IR and voltage. Obviously the voltage match isn't worth much given the flatness of the LiFePO4 discharge curve.

Have they given you a tracking number or anything that shows actual movement??
A bill of lading would be the item the shows receipt by a shipping agent. A tracking number ca be obtained with just the intent to ship them. In these cases I think it is the shipping agent that probably gets a Fedex or UPS tracking number which only shows movement once the goods get through customs. I suspect it is less expensive that way than to have Fedex to the shipping all the way from China. Years ago I bought some Headways which came via DHL and I could track them from the day they were shipped. I dont remember if they came by Sea or Air.

Have they given you a tracking number or anything that shows actual movement??
I received a FedEx number on November 17 which still shows no actual movement - although it states "pending from Hawthorn California, USA "- which is somewhat encouraging since it's near the two largest ports in California, which is the state they'll finally be shipped to.

I received a FedEx number on November 17 which still shows no actual movement - although it states "pending from Hawthorn California, USA "- which is somewhat encouraging since it's near the two largest ports in California, which is the state they'll finally be shipped to.

Mine sat at the port for almost 2 weeks before the it was transferred to FedEx and the tracking number showed a pickup. The supplier told me there was "port congestion". I'm sure you'll see the same being the time of year it is.

So the pending won't go to SHIPPING until it actually hits Hawthorne ... Mine stayed pending for almost 55 days and then last Tuesday it said shipping from Houston and 2 days later it made it out here ...

I doubt there is anything that can be done about the LA port congestion unless you want to pay for air shipping again like people used to.

Update:

FedEx has received them as of 12/23 in Carson, CA with no delivery date available yet.

My batteries from Basen, ordered on Nov 3rd, they were sitting at the LA dock since Dec 13th, finallly get the notification that Fedex picked them up from customs today, no delivery date available yet.

Dongguan Lightning New Energy Technology

SO a guy that my boss follows because he explains solar stuff very detailed is

Just wondering if anyone has dealt with this company ???

No firsthand experience but:

I believe that this is one of the first companies that people were buying EVE cells from (along with Xuba and Billion). In the spring the lightning thread was nearly as active as the Xuba thread.

I also believe Lightning is one of ~3 suppliers used in the group buy (Basen, Lightning, and ??)

That's the supplier that Michael ordered my 4 - 280AH cells from on October 23. I haven't received them yet - perhaps someone else in that group buy has?
@Sillyputty Can you provide us with an update when they arrive please, as just about to place an order with these guys. They are also providing me with Daly smart BMS and battery case. Saves me sourcing from 3 different suppliers and postage turning up at different times.

@Sillyputty Can you provide us with an update when they arrive please, as just about to place an order with these guys. They are also providing me with Daly smart BMS and battery case. Saves me sourcing from 3 different suppliers and postage turning up at different times.

@gmoylan - they arrived on December 30 damaged, one cell had quite a large dent, and two others were less damaged but not acceptable, either. I'm positive that it was shipping damage and that it wasn't this seller shipping out damaged cells - what the final resolution with the seller has been, I'm not sure. After working with the seller for a bit Michael and I determined that ordering a new set was in my best interest, and Michael provided a no-questions-asked refund. It's an understatement - but anyone considering working with @Michael B Caro as a go-between for purchasing cells from China has nothing to worry about - in my experience, they will be well taken care of. 1612728631201.png

I am pretty sure Michael can get the Daly BMS for you and possibly a case. If interested PM and ask him. I can't see the reasoning of ordering directly from a supplier when we have someone who will take good care of us if there any problems. Dealing directly with suppliers these days can be a headache if cells are received damaged.

I ordered through Dongguan lightning and new energy technology on Jan 11. I just received notification from fedex about their pickup from port, today. They are scheduled for delivery on the first, which means it’ll be a little less than 2 months from order to delivery. I will be documenting and detailing the unboxing and testing process in the thread at this link: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/a...uan-lightning-new-energy-technology-co.16857/
for anyone interested. I am very excited.

Back