diy solar

diy solar

any place in southern ohio to buy used solar panels

dankleinman

hello all
dan here (new guy) this is my first post and I am looking fir some used panels in or near southern Ohio I am centrally located about 60 miles from Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus .

Thanks
dan kleinman

What kind of size and wattage are you looking for?

I have a handful (6) of bifacials that I need to sell to fund my mower replacement.

hello all
dan here (new guy) this is my first post and I am looking fir some used panels in or near southern Ohio I am centrally located about 60 miles from Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus .

Thanks
dan kleinman
Hey @dankleinman -- Did you find a "local" used supplier of used panels in the southern Ohio area? I'm in northern Kentucky.

joe
I check it every day. I finally found some that were not too terrible far away (5 hours) away .
I am paying a friend of mine to go pick them up plus his gas its going to be about 300 to get them here
I am getting 20 q plus l-g4.2 345 watt panels for 800 plus the 300 for getting them here . so I will be 1100 into them . they were supposedly bought in 2020 and used for 1.5 years . when the guy bought the house they were told by the realtor that the system was not to code and it had to be removed before the bank would give them a loan

There is a guy in Knoxville,TN that sells on FB marketplace, I bought 3 pallets of NIB bifacal's from, but he also has used panels, i would love to find someone closer to me Nky or cincinatti would be nice. I need a few more panels to complete a project im working on now.

Craigslist is always worth a try.
Indeed, I look most days too.

joe
I check it every day. I finally found some that were not too terrible far away (5 hours) away .
I am paying a friend of mine to go pick them up plus his gas its going to be about 300 to get them here
I am getting 20 q plus l-g4.2 345 watt panels for 800 plus the 300 for getting them here . so I will be 1100 into them . they were supposedly bought in 2020 and used for 1.5 years . when the guy bought the house they were told by the realtor that the system was not to code and it had to be removed before the bank would give them a loan
Lot's of stories out there about poorly installed systems by pros. These Q cells at 345watts -- seems like you got a better than decent deal!!

There is a guy in Knoxville,TN that sells on FB marketplace, I bought 3 pallets of NIB bifacal's from, but he also has used panels, i would love to find someone closer to me Nky or cincinatti would be nice. I need a few more panels to complete a project im working on now.

YES. I see 300-watt panels for $95 on the list now. If I remember, the panels were 40+ volts though and too high for my current system.

In my dreams I've got a warehouse with wholesale panels next to my Home Depot. Funny, this "dream" doesn't fade when I wake.

joe

FWIW, I had SanTanSolar.com ship 4 panels on a pallet from AZ to OH for just under $300 to my door a bit over a year ago. Would have been less if I was willing to drive to a freight terminal.

They now ship out of Georgia also for folks east of the Mississippi.

Just another option for those looking.

YES. I see 300-watt panels for $95 on the list now. If I remember, the panels were 40+ volts though and too high for my current system.
I had knoxville in the wrong part of KY as I was supposed to go get 40 panels from the guy today. Would have been a 12 hour round trip. Can't do that right now.

Guy near me is getting what looks like SanTan solar panels shipped in and is reselling. Will compare his pricing with the quote coming from SanTan. (I have 10 from them already).

Really wanted 300+ watt panels. BTW I am in Indy for the OP. Not far from you.

FWIW, I had SanTanSolar.com ship 4 panels on a pallet from AZ to OH for just under $300 to my door a bit over a year ago. Would have been less if I was willing to drive to a freight terminal.

They now ship out of Georgia also for folks east of the Mississippi.

Just another option for those looking.

I am guessing you had to call and set this up? I see freight charges of 250 to that area with R&L to your door. (Family near Hillsboro, OH)

Hey Dan!
It's Brian - Keith's neighbor. Did you ever find a place for panels near us? I want to build a small system for my shed - one 250W panel would be enough. So $260 shipping for a $55 panel makes no sense. We'll have to get together to chat solar sometime :)

I might be able to hook you up with one until you can find some i just got 20 340 watt panels
had to drive 5 hours one way to get them but it was worth it .

dan

I'm in Louisville Kentucky and purchased from SanTan Solar. Very satisfied, all of my future purchases will be from there. Delivery was to my home.
absolutely love the Louisville area.. visit there about once every 2 years ( kentucky cluster dogs shows) and a good friend of ours lives in Glasgow

Although I haven’t purchased from them here is a place in Milan. The birthplace of Thomas Edison :

There is a tab on the website with panel prices. I did talk with the owner who said panel pickup at his rural location is possible.

And welcome to the forum!

Back