diy solar

diy solar

Any suggestions for adding capacity and backup power to my current SMA Sunny boy system

Here are some techs who repair GT, OG inverters, and anything EV related (charger, inverter, battery, ...) in Toyota/Lexus, Nissan, Tesla ... everything.
And also write articles about them with pics, sometimes reverse engineered circuit diagrams (in hungarian language so max google translate can make it english ... but even for that was it too big, so I translate some parts).

One of them dissected a RESU 10kWh 400V for Sunny Boy Storage (CAN bus version).
View attachment 62239

Technically he wrote a love letter about this unit :)
LGX JH3 63Ah battery cells, 42 pcs. 6 module 7-7 cells.
3 BMS ... 3x48V battery in serial.
Double way DC/DC converter. It converts battery 144V to 400V for discharge and converts the 400V from solar inverter to 144V for charge.
View attachment 62238
View attachment 62245
Galvanic separation with around 2.500V insulation potential between the inverter and the battery.
Speculates the 48V version has the same design because like here the engineers would not allow direct charge to the batteries.
The double way DC/DC converter is in reality 3 resonant converter. Depending on load can 1, 2 or all 3 work at the same time.
Also can cycle them so if one worked/hot then set to rest/cool while other works.

I just picked up a couple LG RESU-10H. The part numbers don't seem to include "C" (SMA) or "R" (Fronius), but booklet in one box had instructions related to SMA.

I also got a couple Sunny Boy Storage.

All new in the box, but had been opened.
The battery serial numbers show up on recall list, so after playing with them I plan to get them exchanged.

Back