diy solar

diy solar

Any thoughts on this battery evo for $500?

Looks interesting .... sure would like to see inside the battery compartment.

They say that there is charge current reduction for cold temperatures .... would like to see that tested also.

Kinda interesting that the 202 AH is more than twice as much.

Update: I paid $1050 for 24v 120Ah 3kWh battery with 48 20Ah Nano phosphate Cells. Free shipping USPS. Let you know when it arrives. Hooking it up to Growatt LPT 3000 24.

Update #2: I just got email from Fred at Battery Evo. The battery is being shipped by ABF Trucking and I have a tracking #. It is on the way to Atlanta and I am in Daytona Beach. Should be here in 5 days according to them. I emailed Fred at Evo that website is misleading if they do not mention that they use ABF for shipping, but if I get it so what. I guess its pretty common to use freight shipping for solar stuff like batteries and panels. Reviews can be misleading.

I guess its pretty common to use freight shipping for solar stuff like batteries and panels. Reviews can be misleading.
It is a lot cheaper to ship by freight, and since almost everything Solar turns out to be heavy it make sense. I ended up shipping my batteries to the local FedEx. $500 for 1.4kw seems kind of pricey, but maybe I am missing something? They are definitely pretty.

ABF is great. They called me on a Saturday the day my battery made it to Orlando (it took 7 days from CA to FL). They asked me when I would like it delivered to my house. Never get that kind of service from UPS or USPS. The battery weighs 75 pounds. The description on Evos site says 51 and the size is wrong. Pretty sure they have the older model there. Hard to believe the weight difference but I guess its a better battery. They could have protected it better. The battery was in a box bigger than battery without any foam. The box had shrink wrap around it and the pallet. The box had been crushed on top but I battery seemed okay. ABF may have stacked a pallet on top of it but not sure. Evo is offering free delivery and a great price. The same battery from BigBattery would be $200 more plus $250 shipping.

I bought two of them from their Ebay store. They weigh 42 pounds each. I haven't connected them to anything yet because the ring connectors and wires are too big to connect to my Renogy 40amp MPPT controller. Largest wire for the Renogy is #8. Battery Evo uses #6. Waiting on parts so I can built another connector.

I bought two of them from their Ebay store. They weigh 42 pounds each. I haven't connected them to anything yet because the ring connectors and wires are too big to connect to my Renogy 40amp MPPT controller. Largest wire for the Renogy is #8. Battery Evo uses #6. Waiting on parts so I can built another connector.
Did you pay for shipping? Who delivered it?

Did you pay for shipping? Who delivered it?
Can you confirm warranty on these? I’ve heard 10 years, but website only mentions a 1 year on cells/bms..

Attachments

• 423AD399-5593-466B-9CB7-F2DC94C1B29E.jpeg
    423AD399-5593-466B-9CB7-F2DC94C1B29E.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 7
I have noticed types or old model issues. I cannot speak for Evo. On the Evo website for the 12V 120 Ah battery pack, I found this:
evo.png

Old thread...
Any updates on BatteryEvo? I'm thinking about buying one of their packs - 180ah for $799 free ship. They are just on the other side of LA from us.
Seems they make the BMS that Will found in taking apart the BigBattery OWL pack - and their 170Ah is $949.

Battery_2_180AH_Front__84790.1623184591.png

Back