diy solar

diy solar

Any thoughts on Zoomz batteries at Walmart?

Hdonly

Any one use these Zooms Lifepo4 batteries that Walmart sells? Just curious. Considering on my camper with no solar.

Well alrighty then. Don't bother.

When you're asking for help, you need to make it easy for us to help you. There's only so much time in the day. If you don't care enough about my time, then you're not really looking for help. I would have given you an opinion if you had provided the necessary information. I will say that the ability to return something to a physical store can be important when taking a chance on an unknown battery vendor.

This is what really puts them high up my chart of possible contenders..
Capture.JPG

Any one use these Zooms Lifepo4 batteries that Walmart sells? Just curious. Considering on my camper with no solar.
I have a pair of 12V Zooms in my fishing boat for the trolling battery. Have worked quite well, lightweight. Slightly longer than the lead acid group 24 or 27 they replaced. This required slight battery tray modification. Added a Victron charger and a shunt, life is good.

In your camper, you will probably want to have a separate charger for the LFP batteries and not use the converter in the camper for this purpose.

I hope they didn’t change the company name and restructure to avoid warranty coverage on Zoom batteries.

Just a thought.
While still likely legally liable for warranty, the harder they are to track down, the less likely one is to get their warranty satisfaction.

Thank you all that responded with helpful information. Will eventually be adding some solar. I have a small solar system at home that I run my computer, TV and home stereo on using AGM batteries. I will be going Lifepo4 when the AGMs at home start dying. Now that lithium is getting cheaper, I figure on starting off with the camper with lighter and better lithium.

Projects in Paradise 808 (YT) has recently done a brief review on the redodo, there's also a couple of others on there (y)

They changed the name because they ran out of boxes and stickers that said Zooms on them. They got a good deal on these redodo boxes and stickers.

Just completed a review of the Redodo 12v 100ah
So .... Does it have low voltage cutoff? ..... Apparently it does have over voltage protection.
I realize it's an inexpensive battery, but seems like low voltage cutoff would be a minimum requirement.

So .... Does it have low voltage cutoff? ..... Apparently it does have over voltage protection.
I realize it's an inexpensive battery, but seems like low voltage cutoff would be a minimum requirement.

Yes it does. Sorry, I meant to say low temp cutoff :)

Back