diy solar

diy solar

Any user feedback on the Tamarack Solar Horizontal Pole Mount system (for 5-6 modules)

Fenachrone

After years of a crude home-brew fixed panel mount setup I'm looking at installing something
I can tilt. I found this reasonably priced Tamarack horizontal two-pole system for up to six modules. Product # UNI-PGRM/5P2

Anyone use this and can comment on it?
Thx

Hi, @Fenachrone, I am looking at that same mount setup. I am planning to get 2 x UNI-PGRM/6P2 for 12 x 200 W Rich Solar panels.

Did you ever get them?

They appear expensive ???
here's a couple for sale Denver area.
The included link in the CL ad shows the kit at $6xx something for the mount, hardware and misc-not sure where the $2500 claimed price or the listed $1500 is coming from or what it includes-the CL listing is very vague.

Hi, @Fenachrone, I am looking at that same mount setup. I am planning to get 2 x UNI-PGRM/6P2 for 12 x 200 W Rich Solar panels.

Did you ever get them?
No, never did. Not only am I hesitant to do a pole mount situation, I can't find any feedback on the quality of the components and other's experiences. I found this other approach intriguing, which I was able to take a look at firsthand: https://offgriddistribution.com/collections/vendors?q=OTISREVA Customs

It comes assembled, though, so has to be delivered by truck, I believe.

It comes assembled, though, so has to be delivered by truck, I believe.

It appears to me that just the orange part is assembled and the black pipes would be flat for shipping or locally sourced.

That opinion is from looking at a picture on the internet so……..

Did you give them a call ?

Edit: this quote is from their website:

“Easy to transport: unlike traditional ground mount systems which are large and complex, the Trifecta stands are kits that can be easily transported “

It appears to me that just the orange part is assembled and the black pipes would be flat for shipping or locally sourced.

That opinion is from looking at a picture on the internet so……..

Did you give them a call ?

Edit: this quote is from their website:

“Easy to transport: unlike traditional ground mount systems which are large and complex, the Trifecta stands are kits that can be easily transported “
I spoke to folks in-person who staff one of their distributors, Cabin Depot. They are the ones who mentioned truck delivery. That might be due to the size of the individual sections? I mentioned I'm off grid in a spot not the easiest to access. They mentioned I'd have to relay the stuff in from a nearby more accessible point. If I get serious about this product, I'll get the necessary clarification.

Back