diy solar

diy solar

Any way to increase bluetooth range?

Wellfooled

Can anyone recommend a way to extend the bluetooth range of the two Overkill BMS modules I have on my batteries? My batteries, and therefore my bluetooth modules, sit in a steel surrounded compartment at the front of my RV. Great for containing gas and exhaust fumes from the generator that was never there, but horrible for letting bluetooth signals out. I can see the antenna on the bluetooth modules that came with the BMS', but I'm looking for something that allows me to get a signal outside of the 10' range or so of the steel cage their currently sitting in.

Hopefully one of you tech wizards has an answer.

Don't know if any of these on Amazon will help
Amazon Bluetooth Extenders
I was unaware of these , they would come in handy for some of my music player stuff and blue tooth speakers I have outside. …im not sure how they would be joined or paired with a the Victron pieces I have . Maybe like amplifying and re- sending the original signal…?? .I have that now on my Wi-Fi and it will send it out 500 to 1000 ft directionally …..I need more than 25-30 ft of blue tooth signal…… interesting ….I need to investigate this… Thanks , Jim.

Maybe you could just extend the cables?
I'm not sure what the exact connector type is, but I think it would be fairly easy to do.

Then you can mount the Bluetooth dongle outside the metal casing.

I'm not sure what the exact connector type is, but I think it would be fairly easy to do.

They are a 4-pin connector and you can buy the male and female connectors on Amazon. I bought some so that I could plug my ESP32 boards in to replace the BT boards

Talk about thinking outside the box, pardon the pun. That's a great idea! Now off to Amazon or Ebay. Thanks meetyg.

Back