diy solar

diy solar

any way to parallel or series different capacity 12v AGMs ?

Kapow_Network

Originally I sent this to Delmar and he suggested I open a new thread.

Delmar's original thread was:

diysolarforum.com

Testing an APC 600W UPS by powering my fridge

I am installing a small UPS to run my Moms TV and satellite dish during short-term grid down. Measured around a 100W draw. The backup system needs to be granny-proof autonomous so purchased a APS sine wave BR1000MS. Cost was $160 including tax & shipping. The UPS is supplied with an internal...
diysolarforum.com
diysolarforum.com

===
I have 6 x 12 volt AGM batteries. They are:

2 x Optima - (date 10/17?) Part # YEL311 / Model # D31T / CA 1125 / CCA 900 / AH 75 / RC 155

2 x Intimidator - (date 10/18) Part # 8A31 / Model - NA? / CA ? / CCA 800 / AH ?? / RC 200

- bar code says 3 - 9161

2 x Super Start (O'Reilly) (date unk) Part # AGM31T / Model - NA? / CA 1050 / CCA 925 / AH 100 / RC 190 / 20 Hr Rate 100 AH
- UPC 839961-95240

wondering if there is some way to reliably combine these in series for one large 24V bank.

OR would it be more safe / reliable to try to go in parallel and create a large 12V bank.

NOTE: I know that normally I could hook up the same brand, capacity, age
batteries to each other and create a parallel (of 12v via 2x12v) or series (24v via 2x12v),
but I'm wondering if a device exists that can some how balance out the powers / levels so I could mix them.

EG - UPS or maybe certain bus bars or clean power lines / other ways to balance?

==
Basically, depending on response, I may have to sell off some these batteries and start off new with a Lithium system.

Note: I may copy some more from Delmar, but he pointed me to these posts, and maybe someone can share more insight:

https://diysolarforum.com/threads/mixing-batteries-manufacturers.16431/

Hello time2roll,

Keeping parallel seems simpler. Any ideas on charging or other issues that might arise?

Keep your connections clean and tight and the batteries will self equalize both charging and discharging.

Back