diy solar

diy solar

Any WIFI battery voltage monitors? -- NOT BLUETOOTH

TJM

I'm looking for a WIFI Battery Monitor. NOT a BlueTooth unit.

Anyone know of any?

Never heard of one.

Not "Wifi" but "wireless"

Shunt and remote display connected by "wireless", but the display requires micro-USB supplied power.

Range is about the same as bluetooth. This worked nicely for me for awhile.

Probably not just what you're looking for, but I use Midnite Classic charge controlers with their Whizbang Jr. monitor, the Classics connect via a wireless bridge from my shop to the house, about 200', and I can monitor them on my local network.

Funny, someone can make some money!

GOVEE would be a great innovator!

I have a Raspberry Pi running Victron Venus OS. You need a Victron shunt that is BT only. But the RPi gives me wifi capabilities. And with the wifi connected to the interwebs, I can monitor anywhere

Attachments

• 20211130_095002.jpg
    20211130_095002.jpg
    572.8 KB · Views: 43
Since I cant find Wifi monitor myself. I am thinking of connecting my laptop via USB printer cable and teamviewer in from time to time.

take a look at WF-2030, a WiFi 'dongle' that connects to a trimetric battery monitor

I just found this at Walmart

Battery Tender® Battery Tester https://www.walmart.com/ip/671227717

We have inconsistent terminology.

Subject: Any WIFI battery voltage monitors? -- NOT BLUETOOTH
OP post: I'm looking for a WIFI Battery Monitor. NOT a BlueTooth unit.

So, the battery tender is a wifi voltmeter. This is not a battery monitor.

A battery monitor tracks state of charge.

Not sure what the actual question is at this point.

I use this one, bought 2 and can have 2 wireless digital read outs and a spare module that connects to batteries, Joe.
Takes a couple weeks to get, they have 50a to 500a units.

1672836896432.png
1672837060106.png1672837457740.png
Have a pi0 with MotioneyeOS looking at 1 monitor and integrated into Hassio, so I can see it from anywhere in the world.

Last edited:
I want to try a wifi camera pointed at a volt meter ?
That's what I have. Works great :)

workbenchmess.jpg

Excuse the mess. This was shot when I was installing the tp6048. The arm coming out behind the drill press is one of those microphone holding booms amazon sells. I have one of my wifi house security cameras taped to the end of it. That camera and all of my other cameras run off the 12volt solar setup that the 4215bn charge controller you see on workbench back panel charges. I only had one of the 4215bn's mounted on there at that point.

I can see the battery monitor and the charge controllers display thru camera while sitting in the house or from anywhere in the world when not home.

I'm looking for a WIFI Battery Monitor. NOT a BlueTooth unit.

Anyone know of any?
Please, check it:
Maybe you find this interesting.
BR
Inna

You can actually use a pi 3 lts with a 12 volt power supply and a compatible shunt to do wifi too.
As @Crowz notes, a Victron Smartshunt with a VE Direct to USB cable, connected to a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ running Victron's free Venus OS, should give you a wifi-enabled battery monitor that you can see from anywhere with an internet connection if you sign up for their free VRM service. And then you'll have the ability and a good reason to add more Victron stuff over time!

As @Crowz notes, a Victron Smartshunt with a VE Direct to USB cable, connected to a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ running Victron's free Venus OS, should give you a wifi-enabled battery monitor that you can see from anywhere with an internet connection if you sign up for their free VRM service. And then you'll have the ability and a good reason to add more Victron stuff over time!

AND you can use a UART to USB adapter ($17 from overkill) for a JBD BMS (Venus OS driver can also work with JK, DALY, etc.) and get full BMS reporting on VRM... :)

1695394578865.png

1695394677690.png

and closed loop control.

Can work with the BT interface, but just isn't reliable enough IMHO.

The deltran battery monitor looked ideal but is seems to have been discontinued. The android app reviews were awful, so they may have delisted the app. I suspect if you can find the device anywhere you won't be able to get the app for it. As much as I love to tinker with electronics the thought of making a volatge monitor with arduino or whatnot is not appealing. The victron setup is beyond my budget too. Now seriously considering pollenface's joke about just pointing a wifi camera at the voltage monitor.

Back