diy solar

diy solar

Anybody know what BMS I have?

weirded

I tried searching and came up empty. My Iron Edison Re-Volt batteries came with a BMS I'm seeing all over AliExpress in batteries using the same enclosure. So far, I have come up empty figuring out what BMS this is - or more specifically, I want to figure out how I can interface with it and pull metrics off it for remote monitoring.

Would appreciate any pointers in case anybody recognizes this and/or knows how to interface with it. It seems it has both RS485 and CAN bus connectivity, but I don't know what protocol/messages are supported/understood.

I'd prefer not to open them up, since they have a "warranty voided" sticker and I'd rather not void the warranty.

Thank you!

1620499029067.png

1620498928410.png

1620499146281.png

Looks like Iron Edison is based here in Denver. Not that it helps to answer your question. I think you'll have to open it up and look inside. Or, contact IE and ask for information about monitoring software.

Looks like Iron Edison is based here in Denver. Not that it helps to answer your question. I think you'll have to open it up and look inside. Or, contact IE and ask for information about monitoring software.
Yup, I'm in contact with them, as well. Hopefully they'll be able to answer the question, just figured if somebody here recognized it, it'd save me the time :)

Just to leave this here for people who may be looking in the future: This is a BMS made by Pylontech.

hold the enter (or is it esc?) button down for 5 seconds and the bms switches languages. There's a former iron edison employee that has literally all the answers about these batteries and others you can find at terravolt dot net.

Back