diy solar

diy solar

Anyone done business for batteries with srikobatteries.com?

poisonwither

After going 0 for 2 with LTO batteries shipped from China, I started looking domestically. I came across https://www.ebay.com/itm/234604502931 and sent them a message asking for more details,
Have they tested the capacity of any of them?​
What is the average cell weight?​
What is the internal resistance?​
What is their return policy if they don't meet spec?​

The only useful information I got back was "All these cells are 39 to 41 Ah." And then a bunch of stuff trying to get me to buy and buy other things like a battery heater and a BMS. All of this makes me suspicious. However I don't think the person I'm communicating with first language is english. And it could just be somene in the front office that has no clue about batteries.

The only reference I can find in the forum about the company is some issues folks have had with BMS's, but mainly because the directions to program them weren't straight forward.

The prices are decent, but it's not worth it if they are grade B cells.

I purchased a JBD 100A 3.7V 14S BMS from them. Arrived 3 days after order placed. Worked great and was tickled how fast it got here. I was desperate.

Note that almost every source on the planet supplies not grade A cells.

You try calling?

Haven't tried calling yet.

I'm beginning to wonder about finding better cells. One set I got was clearly 30Ah cells, but they were shrink wrapped with 40Ah, and I paid 40Ah prices. Those just got mailed back on their dime today.

I’ve purchased BMS’s from them in the past with good results like Eggo.

I bought direct from the Sriko website.

Last week I ordered 16 CALB 100 Ah cells and plan to start a thread about them when they arrive.

One of the owners was very responsive via email, even answering on weekends for questions I’ve had.

He did confirm that these should be brand new with QR code intact.

Spec sheets are posted on their website. He is checking with CALB to get torque specs for me.

I just got my tracking info for the cells yesterday and UPS has not picked them up last I checked but I expect them early next week.

Edit: I just checked and UPS says they will arrive tomorrow.

Last edited:
Haven't tried calling yet.

I'm beginning to wonder about finding better cells. One set I got was clearly 30Ah cells, but they were shrink wrapped with 40Ah, and I paid 40Ah prices. Those just got mailed back on their dime today.

Were these from Sriko?

I’ve purchased BMS’s from them in the past with good results like Eggo.

I bought direct from the Sriko website.

Last week I ordered 16 CALB 100 Ah cells and plan to start a thread about them when they arrive.

One of the owners was very responsive via email, even answering on weekends for questions I’ve had.

He did confirm that these should be brand new with QR code intact.

Spec sheets are posted on their website. He is checking with CALB to get torque specs for me.

I just got my tracking info for the cells yesterday and UPS has not picked them up last I checked but I expect them early next week.

Edit: I just checked and UPS says they will arrive tomorrow.
I am looking for some good 100Ah cells. I hope they turn out well.

Were these from Sriko?
No. Alibaba vendor. Once I get my refund I plan on posting all the test data and communication to make sure no one else get's scammed. I was thinking about purchasing from Sriko, but have been trying to do a bit more research into a company before I got throught the hassle I just went through with 2 other vendors.

@poisonwither Did you die from excitement?
No. Starting the process over for purchase isn't my highest priority at the moment. First set has been sent back, but they don't arrive until tomorrow, so still in holding pattery. Still dealing with the vendor on the 2nd set, which based on weight, testing, and resistance are probably 35Ah.

My 100Ah CALB cells arrived from Sriko over the weekend. I charged one cell up to 3.65V, used a cell tester to take it down to 2.6V and got 100.3 Ah.

I will start a new thread with the battery build.

My 100Ah CALB cells arrived from Sriko over the weekend. I charged one cell up to 3.65V, used a cell tester to take it down to 2.6V and got 100.3 Ah.

I will start a new thread with the battery build.
Did you by chance get to use the QR code reader on your cells? Wondering how old tthey are.

I picked up a 4-pack of 200Ah cells for my first LFP battery build and just picked up a JBD 120a 4s BMS. Both orders arrived well packaged and work without issue so far (still figuring out this BMS).

They may not be top-of-the-line-uber-grade-AAA+++ cells, but they're a cheap(er) way to get your toes into building and worked a LOT better than my brother's old abused FLA in his camper.

Unfortunately I have iOS stuff. I’ll have to see if I can borrow an android. I don’t think any of the generic QR readers in the iOS App Store will work ☹️ .

This is probably too crappy of a picture for someone to do it from this :

Attachments

• 5D6B3BA2-02F7-4F29-BEB1-9ABA0E9A981B.jpeg
    5D6B3BA2-02F7-4F29-BEB1-9ABA0E9A981B.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 11
Back