diy solar

diy solar

Anyone done business for batteries with srikobatteries.com?

Unfortunately I have iOS stuff. I’ll have to see if I can borrow an android. I don’t think any of the generic QR readers in the iOS App Store will work ☹️ .

This is probably too crappy of a picture for someone to do it from this :
I can't get a read on it. One of the generic ones I would think would work. Alought that code doesn't appear to have the 3 reference squares in the corners. Someone more familar with these batteries will probably have to jump in.

Try this site to input the code nearest to the vent valve. https://www.gobelpower.com/lifepo4_decoder.html

That site identified them as CALB 100Ah 3.2V but couldn’t provide a date of manufacture.

It also stated the 15th - 17th letters were incorrect even though I had a 14 character code.

I seem unable to get a better picture with an iPad or iPhone 12. ☹️

Edit: I needed both codes with the top one entered second and the bottom one entered first.

Manufactured August 3, 2020

Last edited:
Ok. LTOs are good from them. I decided to give them a try. Ran a series test last night and pulled over 78Ah.

Attachments

• Snap_005.jpg
    Snap_005.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20220918_183458827.jpg
    IMG_20220918_183458827.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 22
Package arrived. Box was intact with no issues. After opening:
1665690415292.png

Couple foam layers down was the BMS and the bus bars and nuts with two cells:
1665690448654.png

Beneath that was the remainder of the cells:
1665690516397.png

No issues to note from the cells. Sticker from the side of the cells:
1665690563391.png

And one of the QR codes:
1665690590991.png

Decoder has them at 100Ah and manufactured in June 2020 I believe. Performing top balance now. I can do 5 cells at a time. The 10A power supply set at 3.5V only went to 4.2A upon first hook up so they do seem to be mostly charged. The only issue I have so far is I got an Overkill solar USB to UART converter, and the connector on the BMS sent does not match. Probably gonna just splice it in there as I don't really want the Bluetooth anyways. That is what the monitor computer is for.

1665690859411.png

Top balance completed and pack is assembled. Need some wire management but all looks good so far. BMS startup went off without a hitch. The parameters in it were off pretty far though so I set them to what my Overkill solar BMS settings (tighter). Startup delta was 46mA. Turned off the balancer on the BMS and put my Heltec balancer inline and in under 15 min, setting at 15mA delta with a pack voltage of 27.58V. Gonna leave it there for about 15 min then disconnect the charger. Once my other pack gets a full charge, I can put this one into service with it and bring the system up to 5.1kW of storage.
1667100786109.png

I did want to update this thread. My BMS purchased from Sriko did fail. Was showing a cell at 9V for some reason. I changed it out for an Overkill solar one and it works again.

I did want to update this thread. My BMS purchased from Sriko did fail. Was showing a cell at 9V for some reason. I changed it out for an Overkill solar one and it works again.
So they shipped what you ordered, a failing BMS could be anything from another company but satisfied with the cells?

Ty

Just to add some info, I actually drove to their office building and purchased twenty 10ah LTO flat cells from them. They aren't really set up for customers to walk in, but I said I was local and they said sure stop in. The guy was nice and showed me the 10ah and the Toshiba LTO cells I was asking about. He told me a bit about some of the experiments they did on a few of the cells.

I would drive up there again if I needed more. Nothing super special, but they seem to be an importer and sell standard fare stuff you can also purchase on aliexpress. But I got it the same day and the price for my LTO cells were quite a bit better than aliexpress or anywhere on ebay.

Back