diy solar

diy solar

Anyone gamble on a Bluetti mystery box?

ejfluhr

Has anyone read, or even gambled on, the Bluetti "mystery box" they are offering for their extended Black Friday sale?
The marketing write-up isn't very good, somewhat difficult to understand what the potential range of content is given the 3 price tiers.
I bought an EB70S as Christmas present for a family member who lives in hurricane-prone FL, played with it a bit to ensure it worked and quite like it.
I may order a less expensive variant for another family member if the Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals are good enough.
That is when I saw the "mystery box" advertisement and am intrigued, but also skeptical because the explanation is confusing and half of the listed "high value" items don't exist on their web page. Are you guaranteed to get at least products worth what you pay, and just -maybe- you get something worth a lot more?
Such an odd sales idea, wondering how others see it...

I bought one of the $99 ones. I'm guessing I'll get some product no longer in production with less than 500wh. But, don't know of a bluetti device that's less than 200wh, so I figure I'm getting a decent deal either way.

I was debating doing the $199 one, but the $999 was too much for me to consider. For that price, you can get a 1.5kwh+ solar generator and know what you're buying. I think I would be disappointed by anything less than 2.5kwh really. Plus, I'm not sure that I really need another battery that large.

(Edit: the EB240 is now $1099 on Amazon, so I guess I would need something substantially better than that for a $999 mystery box.)

I'll try to remember to post what I get here.

Last edited:
I bought the $199 mystery package. I got a shipping notification today. The package weighs 24lbs. I'm either getting the ac50s and something that weighs about 10lbs or the ps70 and a cable or something light.

According to their promotion you'll get the high dollar item (ac50s or ps70 for the $199 tier) and a lower value item.

I'll update when it arrives next week.

'Participants who purchase a Limited Mystery Box which will be released on BLUETTI official website, subject to full compliance with the Terms and Conditions. The Limited Box will include two (2) random products, the high-value product will be delivered as a mystery product and would not show the item name while checking out, which will be randomly selected from [PS70, AC50S, EB180, EB200P portable power station and Power banks with at least 100Wh battery capacity and 120V AC output ].

Are they saying you will get TWO random products?
I do not quite understand, or they are saying you will get one random Solar generator and one Power bank.

I suspect spudnik282 is right and you either get a PS70 plus something or an AC50S plus something for that middle tier. Then it's either the EB180 or EB200P for the top tier, plus a cable or something.
I looked around and found a couple of online reviews of the PS70; looks like a decent unit though not LiFePO4-based which is a bummer. No prices because it seems to have been sold only to AC500 customers so far.
As the AC50S is currently listed at $239, the mystery box price would be a decent discount for that unit, especially if it comes with something else like a $30 cable.
So I couldn't resist the temptation and I bought the $199 pro mystery box. I'll report back what I get when it arrives.

Now I'm rooting for the EB3A to go on sale in one of the next phases...

I got my $99 mystery box. It was this $189 200wh portable battery. (Nothing else.) It’s kinda cute and may helpful for an event I’m doing shortly.

So it’s a good deal, but nothing amazing. For $199, I’m guessing the above comments are correct, you’ll most likely get an ac50s, which is kind of a meh deal considering you don’t know what you’re buying. The ps70 would be a pretty good deal though.

Thanks for the update! The advert states it comes with two items, so it's concerning that you only got one. You are right that am AC50S by itself would be pretty meh. :-|

Well, my $199 mystery box arrived this evening and it is the PS70. No second item, so I don't follow why the advertisement states you get two things. However, the PS70 on paper looks quite nice so I am pleased with the result. Mine weighed 24lbs according to UPS, like that of spudnik82.

Yeah, that's a real bait-and-switch, unless there is some "low value item" still in transit (I doubt it). I don't mind the unit for the money, but would have preferred to pay $209 and get an EB3A with the LiFePO4 battery.

Last edited:
Ah, it looks like they changed the terms & conditions of the mystery purchase to match what they have actually been doing.

>The Limited Box will include one (1) product, the high-value product will be delivered as a mystery product
>and would not show the item name while checking out, which will be randomly selected from ...

Bluetti does not inspire me with their business ethics / integrity. :-o

That is just bad business. I bought the Renewed EB70 from Maxoak.net in Jan for around $210 and has been using it everyday, I wish they will have the same deal for the EB70S.

Thanks for the update! The advert states it comes with two items, so it's concerning that you only got one. You are right that am AC50S by itself would be pretty meh. :-|
I had $50 in 'Bluetti Bucks' from my initial purchase of an AC200MAX. I paid with PayPal that is running a Black Friday 6% rewards on all purchase. The rewards for my purchase came out to $112.....add in the $50 Bluetti Bucks and I just bought the $199 Mystery Box for $37.
Let's see what they send me.

I emailed them and Max said

Hi Adam,

Sorry for the late reply and confusion made.

Please note that the mystery box only includes one item, which is randomly sent. Thank you for your understanding.

--

Best regards,

Max

Also looks like they only have the PS70 and EB180 for each of the two upper tiers left. So not really a mystery.

Back