diy solar

diy solar

Anyone have experience with the JITA 12V 300Ah battery

I also am curious if these are internally heated and if they have low temp protection, as I am looking for an easy solution for my 2008 Tiffin Phaeton. These are the perfect size to fit 2 side by side in my battery bay. C'mon Will, tear one down for us! :)

Do you have a link to those 400Ah batteries? Thank you.

Yes! PLease. 299.00 for 100ah jita needs to be checked out. Please someone tear one open. I'm too poor to do it myself.

Just received my two 12.8V 300ah Jita batteries, $969 on Amazon. Both arrived at 12.71V. Using an AC 5A 14.4v LiFePO4 charger to bring them both up before putting into service in series. Its gonna take a while. Came with a nice pamphlet of instructions. Will be using the lower end of there recommended charge voltages.

Do you have a link to those 400Ah batteries? Thank you.
$1,669.99

Cheaper route to go this.

I don't know why but whenever I look at 400ah or combination thereof Signature Solar beats every battery on Amazon/Ebay if you need low temp cut off etc...

Just received my two 12.8V 300ah Jita batteries, $969 on Amazon. Both arrived at 12.71V. Using an AC 5A 14.4v LiFePO4 charger to bring them both up before putting into service in series. Its gonna take a while. Came with a nice pamphlet of instructions. Will be using the lower end of there recommended charge voltages.
I have had two of those JITA 12.8V 300ah batteries connected in series for several months now. So far working great! Using them to charge my plug-in hybrid car and provide back-up power for my house. Have a Victron charge controller and a 24V Giandel 4000/8000 inverter

Does anyone have experienc with this battery from Amazon?:
I don't know if I can trust Amazon ratings but in this case they are quite high.
I recently obtained four of the JITA 12V 300AH LiFePO4 batteries from Amazon. The instructions say to do a deep discharge and then a full charge to start. Mine are wired in a series/parallel configuration for a nominal 24 volt battery bank that can provide 400 amps. It is two pairs of series-wired batteries, the pairs being wired in parallel. I did the deep discharge to 21 volts, then used the charger that is part of my 24-volt Sigineer APC6024D Inverter which has a setting for LiFePO4 batteries. They charged nicely for 10+ hours then hit a point where one battery in each series leg went into over-charge protection mode. It seems like the BMS boosts the terminal voltage to somewhere around 18 volts to stop the charge current. (Can anyone confirm that?) So what happened is, one of the two series batteries in each leg was fully charged to ~14.6 volts, but the terminal voltages of other batteries were only around 13.3 volts. I presume this is because the charge current was shut off by the BMS in the fully charged batteries. I failed to check the terminal voltage of the batteries after the deep discharge, I assumed they would all have the same terminal voltage level but perhaps they were different. If so, I wonder if that caused one battery in each series-leg to achieve full charge before the other. I am going to carefully adjust the terminal voltages of all batteries to be equal (within 10 millivolts) then do another carefully controlled and fully monitored deep discharge / charge cycle.

Last edited:
I obtained one of these last month and so far so good. I think that what you should have done is to discharge and charge each battery (fully) independently and then validate/verify that each rest voltage is within a certain range. Pretty sure this is SOP for wiring up series, parallel, or series/parallel LFP batteries. I just got my instruction manual and it doesn't say to do this. I can't remember where I saw this now but probably on one of the forums I visit or maybe even an answer to a question on Amazon. As for what range (high to low between your 4 batteries) of the rest state I'd say somewhere around <=0.05 Volts might be what I remember. Others, please chime in.

If you haven't already figured out the issue I would suggest the above. The batteries need a one time sync up.

Also, I had been running a FLA battery system for about 5 years and recently (before the LFP) upgraded to an MPPT and it took some figuring out of various observables. What I did find is that my 80 Amp in line battery fuse had some non-conductive film on it. Enough that I was getting 0.1 V drop across it and at the higher currents (40 A) the assembly was getting warm...a big surprise (sanded to copper and fixed that). Also, I am running about 6 feet of 4 AWG from my inverter to my battery (charge controller paralleled at the inverter) and found I was dropping about 0.3 Volts from the charge controller to the battery (i.e. the voltage at the battery terminals was ~0.3 V less than at the inverter). While that seemed high ohm's law (V = IR) says my resistance is only ~0.01 ohms (V/I). That seems reasonable as I have an A/B switch and a disconnect between battery and inverter. But where this is also important is trying to hit the recommended 14.2 - 14.6 V charge voltage. I needed to bump my charge voltage by 0.3 volts to get into that range and that's when I saw the ramp up (Victron MPPT) on my display to get to absorption. I think this voltage is needed to achieve internal cell balance and yet I'm most likely only going to do this once a week or so as I'm going to try to stay within the 20% - 80% range on this battery to enhance cycle life. My FLA was 150 A-hr but typically only discharged ~20% (30 A-hr) or so before LV disconnect so my new battery even with minimal charge/discharge should provide 60% of 300 A-hr so 180 A-hr. Plenty!

Reviving an old thread...

My Jita batteries are still going strong. I noticed recently the price has gone down by about $200. I'm tempted to buy a few more.
The 12V 300A LiFePo4 is now $800 and free shipping. When I ordered it a couple of years ago, they shipped out of southern California and delivered to me in Las Vegas in 2 days.

jitabatt.png

My Jita batteries are still going strong. I noticed recently the price has gone down by about $200. I'm tempted to buy a few more.
The 12V 300A LiFePo4 is now $800 and free shipping. When I ordered it a couple of years ago, they shipped out of southern California and delivered to me in Las Vegas in 2 days.

View attachment 164088
Yes was looking at getting 4 in the next few weeks which would give me 1200Ah, but just found these VATRER 12V 460Ah LiFePo4 batteries with a 250A BMS for $1200. Need to do a little more research thinking of purchasing 3 which would give me 1380 Ah. Will also start a new thread here on these VATRER 12V 460Ah LiFePo4 batteries, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C6KKJBL...p_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWxfdGhlbWF0aWM

View attachment 164088

That is a very good price. But no low temperature cutoff protection. No deal for me.

Would be on my Catamaran in the tropics so low temp cutoff not an issue for me. Would be for anyone in cold climates
Just notices it does say it has Low/high temp Cut off. But need to do more research.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-08-25 at 09.31.25.png
    Screen Shot 2023-08-25 at 09.31.25.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
Just notices it does say it has Low/high temp Cut off. But need to do more research.
Also noticed the VATRER 12V 460Ah LiFePo4 batteries are in a metal case, don't think this would be good in a salt air marine situation, would stay dry but metal would not last unless its aluminum.

Newbie here, just came across this thread, I have used 2 jita 100ah batts in my toyhauler for the last 2 years running my res fridge, TV's and everything else and someone yanked on my breakaway switch in storage which activated all 6 of my brakes for who knows how long noticed my batts were down to 11v so the bms probably shut them down and my solar kept waking and charging them (645 watts) last month I decided to upgrade to smaller GR24 sized batts 4 of them (wattcycle brand) and do some upgrades. As I'm going to use the Jita's for another project, just checked them today and both sitting at 13.91V, so far so good and they are now 199.00 and I thought they were a good deal at 300.00 when I bought them.

Back