diy solar

diy solar

Anyone have experience with the JITA 12V 300Ah battery

mpickus

Does anyone have experienc with this battery from Amazon?:
I don't know if I can trust Amazon ratings but in this case they are quite high.

I was looking at that exact same one recently. It's relatively new on Amazon (since April 2021). I cannot find any tear downs or reputable Youtubers talking about this battery. I am almost ready to buy 2 of them, but I'm hesitating.

One thing that I find odd about the 300AH battery is that it is the exact same size as their 200AH battery. It is 20.5 x 9.37 x 8.54 inches.
But the 300AH battery weighs 68 pounds and the 200AH weighs 69 pounds (one pound more).
That is just very, very odd!

EDIT 9/24/2021: I just saw that they changed the product description specs. The 200ah and 300ah are still the same physical size. But the 200ah is now 46.3 pounds and the 300ah is 59.5 pounds. That looks much more reasonable.

Last edited:
I've been looking at this brand also. The reviews are pretty good, but would love to see someone open one up.

Well, I went ahead and ordered two of them (300Ah) and they are due to arrive today. I don't plan to tear them apart but will let you and others know if they perform as advertised.
please keep us informed i had the same question days ago and am very curious to know your findings myself thanks for being the guinea pig ?

please keep us informed i had the same question days ago and am very curious to know your findings myself thanks for being the guinea pig ?
So I purchased two of these and have had them running for two weeks. So far they seem exactly as advertised. Obviously I haven't taken them apart. Also haven't done an accurate capacity test but they seem to deliver approximately 600Ah (two batteries are connected in parallel),

I'm ordering two of the 12v 300AH batteries today (9/21/2021). I will be connecting them in series for a 24v system. I'll report back in a week or two with my findings.

My two batteries are on the UPS truck waiting to be delivered later today. Pretty fast shipping considering that I ordered them from Amazon near the end of the day, 3:30PM on 9/21. It shipped via UPS Ground on 9/22 from City of Industry, CA and I'm about 300 miles away in NV.

Just finished hooking up the batteries to my temporary setup. 4 x 100 watt panels in series outside. Everything looks good so far. The batteries appear to be at around 20% capacity when delivered. It's charging up now. With 400 watts of solar (250 watts average realistically), it will take several days to reach full capacity. It's also powering a 24v DC refrigerator that draws 45 watts. I'll turn on the inverter and power a 7 cu ft chest freezer once the batteries are at 100%.

Attachments

• IMG_0688.jpg
    IMG_0688.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 38
I was looking at these on AMZ as well. The reviews and questions are confusing as to whether or not the BMS has a low-temp charging cut off at 0C/32F, and if the battery has an internal heater. Anyone have any insight? Thanks in advance!!

Q: Does it have low-temperature protection?
A: The BMS in our battery has low temperature cut-off protection function.,the 12V 300ah build in BMS, can protect the battery.
By Amazon Customer on June 3, 2021

Q: I would like a response from a jita representative. does the 300 amp hour battery have a low temperature cut off?
A: The working temperature of the battery BMS is Charge: 0°C--50°C; Discharge: -20°C--60°C, and there is no low temperature cut-off function. Thanks!
By Amazon Customer on July 30, 2021

Q: Does the 200 amp battery have a heat mat built-in for cold weather charging?
A: Hello, no, it doesn't have. And our new 200ah battery has low temp heating function. It is on the way to US warehouse.
By Amazon Customer on September 13, 2021

Lots of capacity for the money
By StephenH on August 15, 2021The price on this battery is less than some of half the capacity. That does not mean it is short on features. In fact, it has some that are lacking in other batteries. First off, it states in the instructions that this battery has a built-in heating mat that will allow for charging and use in low temperatures. It will use some power if needed, but still, it beats not having power.

According to the booklet that came in the box, it says, "When the ambient temperature is lower than 32 F (0 C), the internal heating function of LiFePO4 battery will be turned on."

Does it have a heating plate inside? I have no idea. I'm not going to crack open the case to find out.

Attachments

• IMG_0689.jpg
    IMG_0689.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0690.jpg
    IMG_0690.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 24
According to the booklet that came in the box, it says, "When the ambient temperature is lower than 32 F (0 C), the internal heating function of LiFePO4 battery will be turned on."

Does it have a heating plate inside? I have no idea. I'm not going to crack open the case to find out.
Thank you, sir.

I am also interested in these batteries. Seems too good to be true, so looking forward.to hearing.

I've been using the two Jita 12v 300AH batteries for a few weeks now. They're great! I have not yet done a full capacity test yet. But I say with confidence that these batteries barely drops its voltage no matter what I throw at them. I have it running a 13 cu ft 24v DC refrigerator, a full size Kenmore side-by-side refrigerator, and a 7 cu ft chest freezer. The latter two are powered by AC through a 1000W inverter. The Kenmore draws 180-200W when running and the chest freezer draws 100W.

I've been using the two Jita 12v 300AH batteries for a few weeks now. They're great! I have not yet done a full capacity test yet. But I say with confidence that these batteries barely drops its voltage no matter what I throw at them. I have it running a 13 cu ft 24v DC refrigerator, a full size Kenmore side-by-side refrigerator, and a 7 cu ft chest freezer. The latter two are powered by AC through a 1000W inverter. The Kenmore draws 180-200W when running and the chest freezer draws 100W.
I am going to order a couple. I noticed a few reviews mentioned that the terminal ends were really short and not usable for more than one connection. Do you find this to be true and if so (I am a newbie), is it difficult to install new ends?

FNG here. I see that JITA now has a 400ah battery! Two of those and a roof covered with solar is my dream setup for my 2001 vintage Holiday Rambler Endeavor model.

Back