diy solar

diy solar

Anyone Have the Bluetti EB200?

I'm adding panels to my EB200, using rigid panels in a temporary config--meaning that I will only put them out when I need to charge via solar and store them away the rest of the time.

The warnings say not to connect/disconnect MC4s under power. Does this apply to all the other, non-MC4 connectors in the chain? And how much voltage is too much? Even when I cover my panels with cardboard I can still read ~10V. Do I need to wait a bit for the power to bleed off or is the drop more or less instant?
Joules22, sorry I can't answer your question, but thanks for helping consolidate EB200 information here. Hoping it will help others.

I'm adding panels to my EB200, using rigid panels in a temporary config--meaning that I will only put them out when I need to charge via solar and store them away the rest of the time.

The warnings say not to connect/disconnect MC4s under power. Does this apply to all the other, non-MC4 connectors in the chain? And how much voltage is too much? Even when I cover my panels with cardboard I can still read ~10V. Do I need to wait a bit for the power to bleed off or is the drop more or less instan
I've unplugged under load without issue. If I was dealing with 100+ volts at many amps it may be able to sustain an arc. Because MC4 can go up to 600v they put the warning. At 30-40v you should be fine, no different than unplugging the DC charger while its running at 500w.

Given that these units have a floating neutral with AC outlets that are not grounded, what happens if the device you're powering has a fault, short, whatever?

Simultaneous charge/discharge
The EB200 can do this but the manual says: Supported but not recommended in order to protect the lifespan of the battery.
How detrimental is this? Are there certain scenarios that are ok and others that are not?

I appreciate that you responded but I'm not a big fan of answers that amount to, "Go read a book."
Do you expect just a few words to answer your question? If you bother to look at just section 7 it will explain lots of thing about your question, its up to you. There is lots of knowledge in that Victron document.

Last edited:
Besides the 2000w vs 2048w difference and the panel layout...what is the difference between the AC200P and the EB200P models? Are the AC and EB nomenclatures significant?

Last edited:
I just finished a video that hopefully helps clear up some confusion that I was getting.

Thanks for another helpful video. I am really hoping this thread will be helpful for other folks who have, or are considering buying the EB200. Having useful information in one thread verses all over the place, will make it a bit easier for those searching.

Back