diy solar

diy solar

Anyone have the MPP LVX6048 ? - A few questions

AxH

Whats the surge capacity ?
Whats the standby power consumption ?

I can see that the spec sheet lists Max Bypass Current at 40A
Am I correct in assuming that this is the maximum current that can be passed through the LVX6048 from grid to loads?
I'm thinking of the situation where there is no power from the batteries and no solar input

Thanks

The surge power is 12kw according to Peggy at MPP.
Just need to know the standby/idle power consumption.

I'm interested in this too. I noticed that the Voltronic version of this says 40a input AC from each phase input which is encouraging. Wiring (or more accurately circuit breaker rating) will be interesting (input AND output). But looks good in principal. Hoping Ian gets some info onto his site soon!

Further info from MPP. The no load power consumption is in between 25- 40 watt.
This is a little higher than I would have liked but not a show stopper.

The pricing is USD 1,240 for delivery to Miami. Delivery is approx 20 days after payment.
This could mean it's currently shipped directly from Taiwan (?) rather than from a US reseller?

I really, really, really like the Sol-Ark inverters but they are so expensive and I don't need 12kW
This lvx6048 seems to fit perfectly for my needs. I'm not familiar with MPP inverters and the relatively low pricing
compared to the Sol-Ark does give me some concern regarding build quality and reliability.

I couldn't see anything on their site about how to order one. Are they being shipped yet?

I'm torn between the LV6048 and the LVX6048. The main issue that I see with the latter is the need to buy the kits to parallel multiple units when the former comes with that capability out of the box. On the other hand, I'm not sure I will ever need to parallel more than three of either of these to supply my needs.

I have been using a LV6048 for a few months now. It seems to be good quality. It has worked as advertised so far with no issues. I found out I need more output power. I am currently trying to install a second one in parallel. I ran into a problem with that though. It will power up as a single but not when connected in parallel. I followed all the manual connections religiously and double and triple checked connections. I also sent message to MPP for advise but they have not responded. Anyone else hooking these in parallel?

I have been using a LV6048 for a few months now. It seems to be good quality. It has worked as advertised so far with no issues. I found out I need more output power. I am currently trying to install a second one in parallel. I ran into a problem with that though. It will power up as a single but not when connected in parallel. I followed all the manual connections religiously and double and triple checked connections. I also sent message to MPP for advise but they have not responded. Anyone else hooking these in parallel?

We have several of the 6048's ... My totally free advice is to reach out to Linda Huang directly on Chat and she will do a GREAT job sending you diagrams or just answering a simple question if that's all you need .... But Linda is the most responsive ... and her English is 1000% better than my Chinese so its actually a pleasure talking to her...I could tell you how we do parallels with our 6048's but that may not be the best advice -- we pride ourselves on just plugging in wires and flipping the switch -- so far we have had very few fires .....

NOT the 6048 but one of the many MPP solars we use ....

1625765172136.png

I think the OP was inquiring about the LVX not the LV. So far, nothing but rumors about the specs of the LVX6048. Those rumors are that it is low frequency, has a surge of 12KW, and an idle power of about 40 watts. I'm not buying one until they can put the specs in writing and stand behind them. It can push AC to the grid, but is not UL approved so it isn't legal.

We have several of the 6048's ... My totally free advice is to reach out to Linda Huang directly on Chat and she will do a GREAT job sending you diagrams or just answering a simple question if that's all you need .... But Linda is the most responsive ... and her English is 1000% better than my Chinese so its actually a pleasure talking to her...I could tell you how we do parallels with our 6048's but that may not be the best advice -- we pride ourselves on just plugging in wires and flipping the switch -- so far we have had very few fires .....

NOT the 6048 but one of the many MPP solars we use ....

View attachment 55443
That looks a swanky set-up. You wouldn't have a schematic by any chance?

Further info from MPP. The no load power consumption is in between 25- 40 watt.
This is a little higher than I would have liked but not a show stopper.

The pricing is USD 1,240 for delivery to Miami. Delivery is approx 20 days after payment.
This could mean it's currently shipped directly from Taiwan (?) rather than from a US reseller?

I really, really, really like the Sol-Ark inverters but they are so expensive and I don't need 12kW
This lvx6048 seems to fit perfectly for my needs. I'm not familiar with MPP inverters and the relatively low pricing
compared to the Sol-Ark does give me some concern regarding build quality and reliability.

25-50 wats is when it is connected to the grid. Off grid however it will pull 125 wats.

25-50 wats is when it is connected to the grid. Off grid however it will pull 125 wats.
When the lv6048 is connected to the grid is the idle consumption 25-50 watts coming from the grid only or is also pulling additional watts from the battery as well? Essentialy, is idle power consumption reduced to 25-50 total watts when connected to the grid. I can live with 25-50 total watts idle consumption total if all I need to do is hook the LV6048 to the grid. 125-135 atts idle consumption is 3+kw per day. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

When the lv6048 is connected to the grid is the idle consumption 25-50 watts coming from the grid only or is also pulling additional watts from the battery as well? Essentialy, is idle power consumption reduced to 25-50 total watts when connected to the grid. I can live with 25-50 total watts idle consumption total if all I need to do is hook the LV6048 to the grid. 125-135 atts idle consumption is 3+kw per day. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
The lv6048, is alot different than the lvx6048. The lv6048 only pulls 60w in idle.
As far as when connected to the grid, I can't say for sure, as I am offgrid. And when I run the generator it is to charge the battery.

The lv6048, is alot different than the lvx6048. The lv6048 only pulls 60w in idle.
As far as when connected to the grid, I can't say for sure, as I am offgrid. And when I run the generator it is to charge the battery.
Thank you for the clarification. I appreciate it. 60 watts idle is acceptable to me.

Back